Chapter 37

Present Day-Harry

The rain beats down loudly, mirroring my dark mood. I packed my shit up and got the fuck out of Rye as fast as I could, arriving home in London a short while ago. Walking through my large house, it feels so cavernous and impersonal, not like Cam and Kath's homes so warm and full of life.

I normally spend so little time here, preferring to go out and party, drink and fuck. But I don't want to do that tonight, I don't want to make bad decisions anymore. I want Cam and Rory, but Cam has made it clear, she doesn't feel the same way.

I step into my stark white kitchen, and turning on the light, I walk over to the fridge. Opening it, its empty except for some basics and champagne, I would normally ask my assistant to stock it with some food, but I didn't know I was coming home. So grabbing an ice cold bottle of water, I shut the fridge and lean against the island, staring at nothing, my mind consumed with Cam and Rory.

I'm wondering how everything got so fucked up when the gate bell goes unexpectedly, scaring the shit out of me.

"Who is here so late?" I mumble, hoping a fan hasn't worked out where I live again. I really don't feel like calling my security company.

I walk towards the camera and my heart skips a beat as I recognise Cam's beat up old Land Rover at the gate.

'What the fuck is she doing here?' I think to myself, baffled, as I press the button to open the gate, and with butterflies in my stomach I unlock the front door and step outside. Making my way down the front steps and onto the driveway, the rain pours down as Cam parks her car. I'm already soaking wet, I probably should have grabbed an umbrella.

I watch as Cam climbs out of her car, and staring at me silently, she turns around and opening the back door, she leans in and picks up a sleeping Rory. Seeing them both puts my heart and head into a spin, like it always does.

Cam still hasn't said a word as she moves towards me, and up close I can see how drained and tired she really is. Rory is passed out in her arms despite the rain, cradling her much loved unicorn toy.

I lean over and wordlessly take Rory from her mom's arms, she stirs slightly and grabs onto my neck.

"Let's go inside" I say quietly to Cam, leading her into the entrance hall.

"What are you doing here?" I ask flatly, my eyes not meeting hers.

Just a couple of hours ago she crushed my heart, and told me she didn't want to be with me, now she turns up unannounced in the rain with my kid.

"Um..c..can we talk Harry? I just want to get her out of these wet clothes first though, and put her down somewhere if that is okay?" She mutters timidly.

"I'll sort her out Cam...and get you something warm and dry to wear too" I say, finally looking over at her, she is sopping wet and her teeth are chattering together loudly.

"No..no don't worry about me, I am fine..." she tries to argue.

"God Camilla, just let me help you with one thing! At least let me get you a jumper" I say, feeling exasperated, fuck she really drives me up the wall.

She is clearly freezing cold and wet.

Looking away from me, she responds "okay" softly as she follows me up the stairs and towards my room.

Still holding onto Ror, I step into my walk in closet, and grab a hoodie and sweats for Cam, and pass them to her.

"Bathroom is over there if you wanna get changed" I offer, as I grab some dry clothes for me and Ror.