Chapter 5

Present Day-Harry

I stand on a quite tree lined street in suburban London, looking completely out of place in my skinny jeans, leopard print boots and a transparent floral shirt. 

A yummy mummy and her busy offspring push past me, walking their dog and I can't help but give her a cheeky wink. I never thought I would say this, but her yoga pants are a real turn on. I notice her wedding ring, but she still looks back with interest, her cheeks flushed and gives me a small smile.

Before I can smirk back, I hear a loud cockney accent shout "Could you stop being a flirty bastard, harassing my nice suburban neighbours is not a sport Haz".

I look up quickly to find my best friend and stylist Felicity, standing outside her house, with her arms crossed, she doesn't look pleased. 

Since I found fame, most people say yes to me, about everything, but Fel is different, she has never been afraid to tell me to get my shit together.

I met Fel, pretty soon after I arrived in London five years ago, and after we hooked up a couple of times, she realised I was in desperate need of a friend and suggested that's what we should be. 

She got married a few years ago to a great guy Nassir, and soon afterwards had her son, and my godson Jack, who is one and a half. 

And so visiting Jack and Fel is the reason I find myself in suburban hell on this warm spring afternoon.

I burst out laughing "Fuck off Fel! You love my visits, I bring some excitement into your dreary world" I say, giving her a huge hug that lifts her off the ground and causes her to scream.

She smiles and says "I left Jack in his high chair in the kitchen, let's go inside".

We walk through the house and reaching her homely but modern kitchen, I spot Jack whose eyes light up as soon as he sees me.

"Jaaaaaaaaaaack!" I shout, and despite Fel telling me to let him eat, I ignore her and pick up the chubby toddler and dance him around the kitchen while he laughs and screams happily.

I eventually place Jack back in his highchair and flop down exhausted at the kitchen table.

I look over at Felicity, she is smiling and looks happy, her wavy brown hair, hanging in a pony down her back, make-up free and natural, she is wearing a bohemian floral dress and is barefoot.

"You look good Fel" I say.

"Thanks H. I can't say the same about you though love. When did you last sleep?" she asks.

"I'm fine, just come off a busy tour, that's all" I say, while spooning some of Jack's peas into his mouth.

Felicity gets up and starts making us some tea, looking over at me, she says "You don't look fine, you look like a corpse. I saw the pics of you falling out of Soho House on the weekend with those girls. What are you doing Harry?"

"I'm good Fel, stop worrying. It's all part of the Rockstar life".

She places a cup of tea in front of me and says "You can lie to your management and everyone else, but come on H. What's up?" she asks again

I know Fel won't stop until she uncovers the truth so I eventually begrudgingly say "My dad died a few days ago, it was his funeral today, which I didn't go to".

Her hand immediately goes to cover her mouth "Oh Harry, babe, I'm so so sorry to hear that".

I have told her a little about my dad, so she knows I didn't have a relationship with him.