Chapter 28

Harry-Present Day

"Fel, are you sure you don't want me to organise a car to take you home?" I ask her again, as we stand in the train station parking lot.

"No thanks Haz. I really appreciate the offer but I love a train trip and Jack gets so excited. You know he is train mad" she replies smiling.

Locking my car, I pick up her bag and we walk over to the station entrance. I can't help my mind wondering back five years, when Millie, Matty and Kath dropped me off here before I left for London. I was so head over heels in love with Mills then and thought we would always be together.

As we get to the ticket counter I try shake off my memories of the past and after buying their tickets I turn to Felicity and say "Um...Fel thanks for coming. I'm not sure what I would do without you in my life. You've had my back since we met and I love you. Even if you are a huge pain in my ass"

Moving Jack over to her other hip, she responds "No problem babe. We love you and you know we are only a short trip away. I'll come back any time you need me".

"Yeh..um I know" I respond and anxiously jiggle my car keys.

Noticing Fel asks "So you nervous about telling Rory you are her dad tonight?"

"Yeh! Nervous as fuck"

"I'm sure love but I have seen the way that little girl looks at you! She is mad about you" Fel offers.

I smile, hoping she is right and feeling a little more confident.

The station master announces the train to London will be arriving soon, but Fel stays where she is, and I can see she wants to say something.

"Just say it Fel, you know you want to" I state as Jack grabs my finger and holds on tightly.

"Um...okay...But don't hate me H" she says softly.

"Okay"

Taking a steadying breath she continues "It's just that..um...listen I think Cam is awesome, and I see the way you two look at each other. There is still something there babe, something strong"

I run my hand through my hair and say "Fuck Fel. I know, I hate that I still have feelings for her, I'm not sure what they are but I can't stop thinking about her"

Before Felicity can respond I blurt out "And I kissed her".

Raising her eyebrows, she asks excitedly "What?".

"I kissed her at the beach, and she kissed me back It was kind of amazing. But then she stopped the kiss and she was right. We have to think of Rory. Plus she is so closed off, I'm not sure how she even feels about me"

Shrugging her shoulders, Fel answers "I can't tell either of you what to do, but If you do love and care for each other I think you can make it work. Fuck everything else babe"

"Felicity are you a romantic?" I tease, thinking about what she just said.

She grins and kisses me good bye whispering "Always H"

A few hours later I find myself standing outside Cam's front door, waiting for her to open it. I have been a mess all day, scared as to what Rory's reaction will be. She is so little and what we are about to do is so huge and complicated. When Cam suggested we tell her, I was excited but the more I've thought about it, the more nervous I have become.

"Hi Harry"

Cam answers the door with a uneasy smile, wearing a cropped Led Zeppelin t-shirt and a high waisted denim mini skirt. Her golden hair is pulled up loosely in a haphazard bun with a pencil stuck in it.