Chapter 26: The First "I love you" is Hard

Summary: Saying I love you to your partner is hard. So when Leigh decides that she needs to say it before it explodes out of her, she's faced with a big problem seeing as her confidence isn't the best
———————————————————————————

Leigh-Anne's POV

I was hanging out with Kamille at her house since mine was occupied by my sister and her boyfriend. Everyone know that when they get together it's better to not be there. "You're staring at me again. What's up?", she laughs pausing the movie. "Well, I just, it's nothing important.", I answer sighing. "Are you sure?", she asks. I nod and she unpauses the movie before focusing back on it. "Are you alright Leigh? You look distressed and it's traveling over to me.", Ryland question. "I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick. I'll be back.", I say standing up. She nods and gives a distracted thumbs up.

I walk into her hallway bathroom before leaning against the sink counter. "Are you gonna tell me?", Ryland questions sitting down on the closed toilet lid. "Promise me you won't tell anyone, especially Lana.", I say turning to him. "Of course. I'd never do that.", he says sounding concerned. "I think, I think I love Kamille. Like in love with her.", I whisper putting my head down. I feel a pair of arms wrap around me before I lean into them. "Are you sure?", he questions. "Yes. Like I'm always thinking about her. And I know that being with her will make me think about her but I can only think about her. I dream about her, wish to be with her, think about what gift I'm going to get her next. She's taking over my mind.", I answer.

He stays quiet before I feel his hand rub through my hair. "Ok. Tell me what you want to do and I'll help you no matter what.", he whispers keeping up his hand movements. "I want to tell her.", I say. "Whatever you want. I'm standing by your side.", he says. "I think I want to write her a song. But I'll need some help.", I answer looking at my hands. "You play two instruments and have a great voice and another friend that plays guitar. And not to mention you all have killer voices.", he laughs. "Ok, I need to get out of here.", I say opening the door. "What took you so long?", she questions. "I started thinking then thinking turned into actions and stuff happened. But I have to start heading home. My family wanted to have dinner since my sister is home from school.", I say not really lying.

"I'll see you tomorrow for our date right?", she asks pecking my lips. "Definitely. I'll text you later tonight.", I say closing the door. I decide to walk seeing as my house was only a block or two away. When I arrive, the whole family is there and I sigh in disappointment. I was hoping to get some writing time while it was still quiet. "There's my baby girl.", my dad says bringing me into a hug. "I thought you didn't like lipgloss Leigh.", Sariah says. "I don't. What makes you say that?", I question. "Because your lips look shiny.", she answers. "Kamille must've been wearing some. It's no big deal.", I say wiping I on the back of my hand.

"Who's this Kamille and why are you sharing lipgloss?", my mom questions. "Mom, dad, Kamille is my girlfriend and I have on her lipgloss because I kissed her.", I answer holding my breath. "Does she know about your secret?", my dad questions getting serious. "Depends which one you're talking about.", I answer drinking some water. "I meant the wolf one.", he clarifies. "Yes. She's a fox and her parents are cool.", I answer. "Come with me. We need to have a talk.", he mumbles grabbing my hand. He leads me out to the backyard before sitting down in one of the loungers. "I see that you've learned about your wolf genes. How in tune are you with them though?", he questions. "I can hear birds farting a state away. Does that answer your question?", I ask.

"I feel so bad. Your first shift must've been so hard.", he sighs. "No it was fine. The shift last night was even better. We caught lots of food for the next shift.", I say. "What powers do you have? Mine must come from somewhere.", I question looking at my hands. "I can talk to animals. It's not the best power but it's better than nothing.", he answers smiling. "Then how did I get ice and water powers?", I whisper making a small ice block. "Wolf powers vary. But you're one of the four. The chosen four that will save the supernatural creatures.", I says. "I have something to do.", I say walking up the stairs.