Chapter 37: Shameless

A/N: I wanted to try something that I've had in mind for a while so let me know what you guys think.

Camila's POV

So many mornings I woke up confused
In my dreams I do anything I want to you

I jerk awake with a gasp and kick my covers off of my from all the heat. I feel sweat beading my hairline and look around confused. "Did I just have a dream about Thirlwall?", I question myself. Flashes of the dream run through my head and I close my eyes tightly. "There is no way I like her.", I say stepping into the shower. After showering, I put on my school uniform and start doing my hair. I bite my lip as I focus on curling my hair as I look in the mirror. An image of Jade doing the same thing appears and I drop the curling iron and jump back. "What in the world?", I question picking up a brush.

My emotions are naked, they're taking me out of my mind

I walk through the school doors with my girls and they're all talking but I'm still not over the fact that I had a dream about Jade. Speaking of, I hear her accented voice coming down the hall as her and her friends walk down the hall laughing from something Jesy said. She runs a hand through her light brown waves and turns into the gym. "What's up with you Camz?", Lauren questions as we walk in behind him. "Nothing just had a weird morning.", I answer setting my bag down in the locker room. I see Jade pull her shirt off and I get a view of her developing abs. She flexes as a joke and it makes my mouth water as she pulls on a tank top.

"I'm telling you, there is no way to fail this test. Half the guys in here are idiots or stoners and they all passed. We got a little something something of you know what I mean.", Perrie says nudging her as they walk out. "Mila. We're waiting for you. Hurry and get changed.", Ally urges. I quickly change into my gym uniform and walk out to see everyone side to side against the wall. "Today is our fitness exam. I will be pairing you up with someone and we'll get started.", the coach says picking up his clipboard. "Alright, Pinnock and Edwards. Nelson and Brooke. Thrilwall and Cabello.", my head snaps over to Jade as she does warm up stretches before walking over to me.

Everyone gets paired up and the coach blows his whistle. "I will crush that thing again!", Perrie threatens. "First portion is sit-ups. One person does twenty-five and the other person holds their feet then switch. When the twenty-five is done, just sit on your mat and we'll wait until everyone is done to move on.", he says. "Can we do it a different way?", Perrie questions. "As long as their feet don't leave the ground.", coach shrugs. "I'll go first to get it over with.", Jade says laying down.

There's just inches in between us

Every sit-up she does our noses are close enough to touch and I feel my body start to heat up. It seems like forever before she gets to twenty-five and switches places. Her slightly bigger hands cover my shoes and I start on the sit-ups. She looks spaced out as she licks her top lip in the sexiest way I've ever seen making me sprawl on the floor and snap her out of her daze. "Are you ok?", she questions helping me back up. "I-I'm fine.", I answer resuming my workout. At twenty-five I stop and we sit on the mat. I hear four beeps and Jade looks around before running through the door and saying bathroom. Her friends join her and I roll my eyes. They come back a few minutes later just as a giant boom is heard.

We all rush to the windows and see the Elite 4 standing in front of what looks like a robot guy. "The Borg is back baby. You ladies miss me?", he questions. "When someone throws you with wind it means they'd rather eat a cactus.", Cyclone answers. "And look at what you've done. Now people are going to blame us.", Drift says throwing her hands up. "That guy seems so annoying. I feel bad for them.", Jade says from behind me. I turn slowly and see her trapping me between the window and her body.

Been running from it for the longest time

I duck under her arm and run into the locker room just as the gym door opens again. "There is no way in hell that I like Jade. I play with her feelings, and she's dating one of my best friends.", I say leaning into the locker. "You like me?", I hear someone question. I look up to see a confused Jade walking closer to me. I start to stammer as she stops in front of me. "So you admit that you only wanted to play with my feelings? You're lucky I'm not one to hold grudges, or else your friendship with Ari would be over. And my feelings for you are gone. As if they never existed because that how you treated me.", she says walking away.

I feel tears well up in my eyes and they start to fall as I sit down on the bench. "What's the matter Camz?", Lauren questions walking in. "I just got rejected and I didn't even ask anyone out.", I answer. She wipes my tears and scoots closet before putting an arm around me. "Well whoever it is is stupid for rejecting someone like you.", she says. "Camz I-never mind. Let's get back out there.", she says with a smile before walking away.

I'm tired of loving somebody that's not mine

Two weeks later

I watch Jade and Ari talk and laugh as she drops her off for cheer practice. "Will you be back later?", Ari questions. "You don't even have to ask. Plus we'll be here with you guys. We have to come to football practice, it's mandatory.", she sighs holding up her helmet. "Cheer up J'adore. We get to tackle some meatheads and not get in trouble for it. It's a win win.", Perrie says pushing her to the field. "You ok Mila?", Ari questions walking over. "Yeah I'm fine. Let's get started.", I say walking into the middle. We end up finishing early and going to watch the football practice. "Alright, I want you four against these four. Let's see what you got girls.", the couch says blowing the whistle.

Perrie easily side steps everyone coming her way and tosses the ball to Jade who ducks under people's arms to the touchdown. "Too easy. Give us a challenge.", Jesy says. The four of them huddle together and bump helmets. "Are you sure you're feeling ok? You're being unusually quiet.", Ari says stepping down next to me. "How is your relationship?", I question. "It's great. Jade is amazing.", she answers with a smile. "That's good to hear.", I say. "How come you haven't started dating anyone yet?", she questions. "I'm just trying to figure myself out. You feel me?", I say. She nods and the whistle blows signaling the end of practice. "You down for lunch?", Jade asks running over.

"Depends on what we're having.", Ari answers. A smirk takes over Jade's face as she whispers something in her ear. "Jade!", Ari says hitting her arm. "You asked.", Jade laughs walking away. Seeing them with each other makes my blood boil for a reason that I don't think I'll ever understand.

Don't speak, no, don't try

The football team won the game, of course it was all the schools losers but no one will admit that. So there was a celebration at someone's house. Ari and Jade are dancing on each other and they both have a drink in hand. "You ok? You look like you wanna kill one of them.", Lauren jokes handing me a drink. "Can I be honest with you?", I question. "Always.", she answers. "I want Jade. Simple as that.", I say. "Are you sure this isn't the alcohol talking?", Lauren questions. "No. I know that she's dating Ari but I can't shake the feelings.", I sigh. I meet her eyes and they aren't as vibrant and happy as they usually are. "We'll just go for it I guess. I don't know.", she says walking away.

"I'm gonna go get another lemonade.", Jade says pecking Ari's lips. "Grab me a strawberry one.", Ari says back. I feel the alcohol course through my veins and know that it's time to make my move.

I walk up to her and tap her on the shoulder. "Yes?", she questions turning around. "Right now I'm shameless.", I say. "What?", she asks tilting her head. "At night I'm screamin' my lungs out for ya.", I say. "Whatever you're trying to do it won't work.", she sighs. I grab onto her bicep as she starts to walk away making her turn around. "I'm not afraid to face it. I need you more than I want to.", I say pulling her back. "What the hell is going on here?", Jesy questions walking in. "I have absolutely no idea.", Jade answers. "Well there's mini pizzas so I saved you a pepperoni.", Jesy adds walking away. "Look, I'm dating Ariana. I love Ariana more than life itself so if you ever think that I would cheat on her with the girl that made my life hell for years, then you should get a reality check. And I didn't say anything last time, but now, I'm not being nice.", she says with a growl at the end of her words. She walks away leaving me in the kitchen, my eyes full of tears and my ego and confidence the size of a speck of dust.