Chapter 25: Lets be Heros

A/N: Imagine Ryland without the piercings

Jesy's POV

Now that everything has died down and we're back to good enough health, Claude, Billie, and Zedd have released us to go to school. I'm in the middle of English when some person bursts into the classroom with a blaster. My flight or fight instincts kick in and I stand up before kicking the gun out of his hands and pinning him to the ground. "Who are you and who do you work for?", I question twisting his arms. "Ms. Nelson! This is a monster attack drill and you've ruined it.", the teacher says snapping me out of fight mode. "Who the hell made those a thing? Do you know how dangerous that is? Where did you even get this blaster, this thing is dangerous.", I ramble taking it.

After unloading it safely, I turn on the self destruct setting before throwing it out the window to explode in the garbage can. "I swear people are always playing with their safety. Then have the audacity to wonder why they end up injured.", I mutter opening the door to the next classroom. "Jesy what are you doing in here?", Demi questions from her seat. "I'm making sure these people don't kill you all by playing with these highly dangerous blasters.", I say stepping on the one in the fake attackers hand. "Good god you people are impossible.", I say throwing my hands up. "Jesy, could you believe that they gave them real blasters? This is absolutely ridiculous.", Jade says piling them up in the hall.

I make a force field bubble around them before they all explode. "Do you guys see this? We don't even have these.", Leigh says freezing one. "Everything we do, and here they are.", Perrie mutters kicking one into the wall. "What are you four doing?", the principal asks. "Keeping you irresponsible idiots safe.", I answer. "Get to class.", he says. We walk into our respective classes before the day drones on. "Jesy, if you were paying attention you would know that I called you up to do this problem.", Mr. Lennon says handing me the marker. "Right uh, 15?", I question. "No, fix it.", he answers folding his arms.

I start working the problem out on the board when the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. "There's something wrong.", I say trying to tune my ears to find it. A shadow monster appears next to me and I swing at it as my fist goes through it. "I can't transform or use my powers so I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.", I mumble ducking a punch. He summons a spear and I groan. Swing after swing I manage to dodge before grabbing it and twisting it. We fight over it before her kicks my knee and slices my stomach with it. "Jesus Christ. I really wish I had a weapon.", I say clutching the wound. I finally manage to yank it out of his hand and stab him with it. "I'm keeping this so you people don't get any ideas .", I say walking out the room.

"You guys too?", Jade asks. "I was having a good nap when I heard a scream.", Perrie answers. "I kept the knifes they stabbed me with.", Leigh says holding them up. "You got stabbed too?", Perrie questions pulling her shirt up. "Right over my left lung.", Leigh answers pulling hers up. "I have a long belly button now.", I say poking it. "How can you stand that? I hate it when people touch my bellybutton.", Perrie shudders. "And it's the worse with you have to clean it because it feels all weird.", Jade adds. "But I don't get how you're supposed to clean it. Whenever I do it my belly button is red raw.", Leigh says making them look at her. "It's not even that complicated. Take your scrubby gloves and just get in there.", Perrie answers using her hands as an example.

"I want to know what you're doing to your bellybutton to leave it red raw.", Jade laughs. "I just have a sensitive one. Like if you poke it through my shirt, it's most likely gonna be red within a few seconds.", she answers. Jade pokes her in the belly button before Leigh lifts her shirt up to reveal a red spot. "You should get that checked out.", I say. "It's been like this since I was born. Whenever my mom had to give me a bath my stomach would just be red.", she explains rubbing her scar. "We should probably get these checked out to make sure we don't get infections.", Jade says.