CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN...IT WASN'T A RUNAWAY

       " I'll never let you go"

           If running away is the only escape from our problem. If running away will lead us to forget the rough and ruthless past we have. Then we must start running now. But in the middle of the field, we keep moving our feet faster than before. Our lungs will give up soon. As we keep running hoping to jerk away our emotions. But our minds and heart can't shout louder if we run.

But what we don't understand is the emotions and thought we have in our heart and mind while running is just another weight to carry on. This makes us tired both physically and mentally. So we should stop and look back at the track we used to run on.

We must be in our place and stop running away from the ruthless truth. We must face the circumstances and build our strength to continue walking slowly. We must write. On the wind, on the grass, on every scratch paper, we have. Just write.

If you feel like you can't do anything for yourself. If you think you need a hand to drag you away from the nasty past you've been...someone's there.

You are not alone.

                     * * * * * * *

      HER hands were still on his chest and their faces are only an inch away. She quickly avoids his gaze and pushes herself up.

She sat opposite him and a smirk formed on his lips.

" I told you it's dangerous", she said, covering her red cheek.

He suddenly pulls her onto his lap and she clung to his. With her shocking reaction he gently lowered his head down to the crook on her neck and she let out a soft growl.

She can feel a smile on her skin as he keeps on kissing her skin. And he looks at her with his usual stare. Eyes with piercing powers like a hawk.
" Do you want to go there?", he pointed to the other side of the lake.
And she nodded.

The green grasses gently touch the water beside the lake. The other group of grasses looked like a painting as it enveloped the whole field and mountain. The bleeding sun adds the perfect shot of nature's beauty. The landscape view looks like a painting matching the sounds of the whistling birds and sounds when the night almost falls. A twilight that everyone wanted.

They are now walking on the ground as their feet touch the swaying green creatures under them. Around them were those different varieties of flowers. Dandelions surpass the number of every plant and they painted the whole place.
" Do you want some?", he asked, picking some of the flowers around them.

" Can I?"

He picked the red one with giant petals and hand it to her.

" Thanks", she said smelling its wonderful aroma.

Lay remains looking at her while she keeps smelling the scent of the wild rose. He closes his hands and closes his eyes trying to build something in his mind. And when he opens his hands there are a lot of different butterflies scattered around them.

Those butterflies came from his hands and flew while circling her. The colors of those butterflies plus the different flowers around them were like a rainbow itself. It was so colorful and her eyes sparkled with joy and a genuine smile appeared on her face.

While she was enjoy looking at those little creatures. Lay is just watching every inch of her face. The way how she smiles and the way she blinks. Everything turned slow as the universe adjusted the time for him to memorize her figure.

" Your smile was always the same. You still didn't change".

But every time I remember Ayana with you that makes me decide to protect you. I need to settle things first before I take you back.
But why does every time I think about leaving you those needles dog inside me again?  He thought.