CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY...SADDEST TRUTH

"The devil is him...he is dead"

          ASSUMING a thing is my behavior. If you keep assuming someone loves you...stop it. They might not be or they did, but maybe you are just hurting yourself. For me, assuming is one of the biggest mistakes we made in life...think about it.

                        * * * * * *

        THUNDER keeps rumbling loudly and the rain pours heavily. The graveyard was too silent but the sound of splattering rain deafen the air of undead. Mud keep covering the old graves and tombstone. And in every cross sign, the vines keep dancing in every beat of the lightning strikes.

And there is him. The Grim Reaper of Nowhere, standing in front of her under the company of rain.

" What's bring you here, princess?"

" Um...I'm here for Lay. Where is he?!"

But before he could answer the two living skulls behind her talk.

" Aw! He's here!", The right skull shouted and laugh.

" Shut up you two annoying skulls!", He said walking towards the altar.

" What are they?"

" They are my talking skulls. The right one is Jim and the left side is Jam. These two skulls are struck by a lightning. They are annoying if you're angry but fun if you're bored.", He picked a candle below and lit it and put the fire on the other one.

" Why there are no ghosts here? I mean, I don't see them."

" It's too early, the midnight hasn't arrived yet. They are sleeping."

" Ah... I see".

"Well, thank you and you listen to me to come here. I guess you want to know ab-".

" No! I'm here because I want to ask you where is he".

" He who?"

" Lay!"

" Of course, you will. That stupid punk!", He said turning back his attention to the candles.

" I don't know where he is." he continued.

" Really?"

"Yeah, what did he tell you?"

" He said he will be back after three days because he's on job. And...and he wasn't here".

" Job? What kind of job?"

" I don't know"

" Did he tell you that he is avoiding you or something ?".

" Of course not! And he won't do that. I'm here to ask you if you know where he is. But if you don't, then thank you I'm on my way home."

"Wait. I already asked you about him if you m, right?"

" Yeah, I know and I don't have any bad feelings for him because he cares and bad guys don't care."

" Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! You keep on believing he's good but the problem is where is he? You're here and begging me to tell you where he is. You don't know him, Zhyke. You don't know his secrets. I guess this is the perfect time for you to know".

Now, curiosity driving her crazy and there are a lot of questions she wants to be answered. But although she really wanna know him, there's a part of her begging her mind to stop her option. There's a part of her holding back her decisions because she is scared of what might be his real identity.