Chapter 30: Kuroo Tetsuro

A/N: This is probably going to be the last chapter of this story (Apart from a little epilogue after). I have an idea for another story, but can someone please give me a couple/pairing they want to see in the next one??? I was thinking maybeeee Iwaoi??? (Btw pls no one kill me for this chapter) Thank you!

Kuroo's POV
How fucking long was this going to take. I feel like it's been hours, they had to have news for me by now.

"Hey, how-"

"Sir, I still have no information about your boyfriend. As soon as someone knows, they will be sure to let you know." The lady at the desk said, probably extremely annoyed with me considering I've bothered her every other minute. I just wanted to know what was happening. I gave the woman a glare, returning to pacing around. The hospital was practically empty since it was night what the hell could be taking them so long.

I checked my phone, finding myself constantly looking at the time. Bokuto tried texting me earlier and telling me it'd be fine, but I'm not so sure I believed him. Of course I wanted to.. I wanted to believe that Kenma would be just fine. That any second he'd walk out from that door and tell me he was okay. I wanted to hold him, take him home and take care of him. Watch him obsess over those stupid cats..

What would happen if Kenma leaves me. I've never met someone like him before. And, I really doubt I ever would again. I didn't even want to meet anyone again. If I couldn't have Kenma, what would be the point in having anyone else. He's perfect.

What could've caused this.. It wasn't any kind of virus or disease, so it can't have been from going out or anything like that.. The doctors said he was basically poisoned. But, none of the food I have in my home is tainted with anything. The only other thing he's eaten... No, Akaashi wouldn't poison Kenma. Would he..? I growled to myself, pulling out my phone and calling Akaashi.

"Hello."

"What did you do."

"Whatever are you talking about?"

"Kenma's sick."

"He is?"

"Yes, he's dying right now in a fucking hospital bed from some type of drug or poisoning."

"I'm very sorry to hear that. But, what makes you think I did anything."

"Kenma was perfectly fine up until we left your place after dinner. What did you do!"

"Kuroo, I assure you I did nothing."

"You had to have. You never ask us over for dinner or any type of company without Bokuto there."

"I told you why I asked you and Kenma to join me for dinner earlier. My husband is away on a business trip, and he has been gone for a few days. And you and Kenma are one of my and my husband's friends, so I invited you over for a pleasant dinner and conversation."

"Cut the fucking bullshit."

"Kuroo I understand you are terribly upset because of Kenma's current state, but it is no excuse to be accusing me of murder."

"How the fuck else do you explain how the only person I love is right now, lying in a hospital bed without a heartbeat and can't even breathe on his own!"

"Is he really the only person you've ever loved."

"The hell does that have to do with anything."

"Kuroo, you do have a past record of picking up many people, convincing them that you love them, and then killing them. Disregarding that person's family or friends. You only use them for your own selfish needs."

"You fucking listen. I haven't done any of that for a long time because of Kenma. He's the only one that I want, and if you did something to him, I promise your death won't be quick. I don't care if Bokuto tries to stop me."

"Mm, you seem to be slipping in your ruthlessness, Kuroo. You've had so many failed attempts at Sakusa and Atsumu. And Therese attempts weren't even at your own hands. You've hidden and hired others. You even tried to ask my husband to do it."

"I 'hid' so I could keep Kenma safe, so he would have someone home with him after a year of being fucking raped and abused. But if I have no reason to stay home, then it'll be at my own hands you die."

"Kuroo please calm down. You are upset. And rightfully so. But I did nothing of the sorts to Kenma."

"...If I find out you're lying, you better be careful." I said angrily, hanging up. I was convinced Akaashi did it. But.. I couldn't do anything to him, not without Bokuto interfering. And there was absolutely no proof he did anything.

"Sir? Are you the one who brought, Kenma, in?" A doctor said. I quickly put my phone away and looked at them. Nodding.

"Yes, I am. How is he?"

"...I'm, sorry. We did everything we could." The doctor said quietly with a saddened look. The air around me suddenly felt thin, a lump catching in my throat as I followed the doctor to Kenma's room. Seeing the nurses quietly clear out. Kenma lying on the bed, lifeless. The doctor silently left me alone, closing the door behind them.

"...Kenma...?" I said quietly, walking closer. His skin was paler than normal, and his skin was cold. I reached my hand out, shakily taking his hand in mine. I stared down at our hands, several tears falling and soaking the bedsheet underneath Kenma's body. My body started to shake, in both pain and anger. I swallowed the constantly forming lump in my throat, setting Kenma's hand back at his side before leaning down and giving his cold lips a last kiss.

"I love you, Kenma."