Chapter 24: Sakuatsu

Atsumu's POV

"Mm.. are we still in town..?" Sakusa asked sleepily. Yawning and turning his head to look out the window. I hummed in response, keeping my eyes on the road but reaching over and grabbing my husband's hand. He hates germs but, he put up with mine. At least most of the time. 

"Osamu wanted to say goodbye before we left."

"Oh, alright." He said, holding my hand while I drove. Osamu's place was a little bit out of our way, but he was my brother after all. So, I'd put up with it. Besides, he and Sakusa got along decently well. I actually think that Osamu had a crush on Sakusa at one point. But boy was I glad that Sakusa picked me. 

Once we were there, Sakusa stretched and climbed out of the car with me. We both made our way to the door. I knocked, tapping my foot. Huh, what was taking him so long. I tried the doorbell in case he just didn't hear. Nope, still didn't answer.

"Maybe, he isn't home?"

"But why wouldn't he be home. I told him that we'd be coming over in a little bit." I said, Sakusa shrugging. Just when we were about to turn around and go back to the car, the door opened. Okay, weird, but not like my brother was completely normal either I suppose. My husband and I gave each other a confused look before walking in.

"Osamu? Hey where are you. You better come out or we're gonna leave!" I called out, Sakusa looking around quietly.

"Atsumu... something doesn't feel righ-" He started, getting cut off and dragged down. I quickly turned, worried when I saw my husband lying on the floor knocked out. Fuck, what was going on?? I kneeled down, trying to shake him awake when I received a hard blow to the back of my head.

Mini Time Skip

Ugh. That's the worst headache I've probably ever had since I drank to much on my wedding night.. wait, where was Sakusa? Actually, where was I?

"Awake?" I looked up, seeing a woman stand in front of me. Black hair, relatively tall. She had a pretty stoic look as she stood over me. My arms tied behind my back against a chair in a very uncomfortable position. My legs tied as well.

"Where's my husband." I said with a growl, her stepping aside. I widened my eyes, seeing Sakusa in the same position as me with another man standing by him. But.. it looks like they already started on him. He sat there motionless and breathing with some labor, one of his eyes blackened and blood dripping from both his nose and mouth.

"What the fuck do you guys want, money? I can give you that. But my husband, and brother, have nothing to do with whatever you're doing!"

"No, we don't want money." The man by Sakusa said.

"Then what the hell do you want."

"Uh, you dead. Thought that was obvious."

"Fine, fucking kill me but let him go!"

"Yeah, no, see. We're supposed to kill both of you."

"..Why."

"Do the names Kuroo and Kenma ring a bell?" I paused, cursing to myself internally. Shit... I knew that once Kenma disappeared, that I should've gotten Sakusa somewhere safer. I should've moved away with him a long time ago instead of simply relocating further away.

"You know, we weren't gonna take this job. See, me and my wife are retired from this. But, after I found out what you do. I consider it more of a justice."

"...Fuck.. Please, just... just kill me. I'm the one who takes people and organizes the auctions. He has nothing to do with it.." I said, staring at Sakusa. Hoping he wakes up. Hoping something will save him. I guess I knew one day I could get caught, but Sakusa didn't deserve it.

"Hey babe, you think we should make it quick?" The man asked his wife, her tapping her chin.

"After what these two have done? Why should we." She said, giving a small smile when her husband raised his arm and punched Sakusa again in the face. I didn't even realize when I started crying.

"Stop it, please!" I shouted, watching as this fucker kept punching Sakusa. Blood flying everywhere. The man delivered an especially hard blow to Sakusa's side, right where his ribcage could be felt. I swear I almost heard the fucking bone break as the chair tipped and my husband was lying there. Coughing and spitting blood out of his mouth to avoid swallowing it.

"Sakusa... Sakusa get up... Sakusa please...!" I screamed, tears dragging the few splatters of my own husband's blood that landed on my cheeks. I knew he wasn't going to get up, but I still hoped he'd open his eyes and say he was okay. No, he couldn't die like this. We couldn't die like this. We were supposed to move the hell away from here, have a family.. Get to watch kids grow up and then live together for years afterwards.

"Honey, drag the chair for me?" The woman said, her husband pulling Sakusa back up. Sitting the chair back upright and dragging it over to me. He stopped with the chair right in front of me, my husband spitting more blood out into our laps. The hot liquid felt uncomfortable but that was the last fucking thing on my mind. I leaned forward, looking at my husband.

"Sakusa...?"

"...Ats..umu..." He managed to mutter. I cried, harder than I could control.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I should've kept you safe. This is my fault. I-"

"Stop... It's.. okay."

"It's not okay..! We were supposed to have a family together. We weren't supposed to die this way. And, and you don't deserve-"

"Atsumu.. I love you." He said, just making my tears worse. I leaned as far forward as I could. Since the two fuckers shoved our chairs together, I was able to lean in close enough so I could give his bruised and bloodied cheek a kiss. He looked at me, smiling ever so slightly.

"Well.. when we die. At least... I got that." He said, making me laugh slightly. I kept my face close to his, glancing over at the two killers who watched us.

"Fine. Kill both of us. Just.. just kill us while we're together like this." I said quietly, Sakusa staying silent. Probably to exhausted and in pain to do anything more, but I could see in his eyes that he agreed. The man laughed, nudging his wife's arm.

"Should we take up their request?"

"Why not. Let the lovers die together."