Chapter 2: KuroKen

Kenma's POV
I was bored. The man, who I learned his name was Kuroo, finally untied my hands and actually told me I was allowed to roam. Which I took advantage of, but, what use was it if he had people guarding or locking like, every single door? The only doors that I could get into was a bedroom, a bathroom, the room I was supposed to stay in, and thats pretty much it. I made my way down the hallway, seeing Kuroo step out of a room. A blood stained knife in his hand. Wonder what he was doing.

"Kuroo, what were you doing in there?" I asked, rushing over to try and take a look inside the room. But, he shut it on me before I could fully see inside.

"Nothing."

"Can I have my notebook and camera back now?"

"No."

"Can I go get my cat. I'll take care of him."

"I told you. I hate cats." He said, walking past me. I sighed, following after him. Well, if he wasn't going to let me do anything fun, what else do I have to do than bother him. Sure, he could kill me but what've I got to lose at this point if I was just trapped in here.

"Well, what am I supposed to do if I'm not allowed to have my cat or my notebook."

"I don't care. Now leave me alone, I've elsewhere to be."

"Can I go."

"No."

"Alright. But, it might be hard without your keys." I said, Kuroo quickly turning around. Surprised when he saw I had a car key dangling on the end of my middle finger. I was actually a really good pick-pocket. You learn a few things when you, perhaps stupidly, hang around people like Kuroo.

"Maybe I should have just killed you. Give me my keys back."

"Not unless I get to come along. I'll be with you the whole time. So, you know I won't do anything." Kuroo looking kind of annoyed at me. I was really playing with fire now, wasn't I. But just from the few observations I've made about Kuroo, I could tell he was intrigued with me. He seemed to enjoy that I didn't cower like others. Something about my 'misbehavior' kept him interested enough to keep me alive.

"Alright. Fine. But you do anything out of line or what I tell you not to do, you will regret it." He said, taking the keys back when I tossed them back. Following him quickly.

Kuroo's POV
Seriously, who the hell was this guy. And why was I letting him join me...! Ugh, whatever, he's been quiet on the drive so far, so I don't care. I glanced over at Kenma, seeing him watching out the window with some interest. Probably more interesting than the concrete walls I've kept him confined to for the past few days.  Maybe I should move him to a room with a window high up...? No, what am I thinking.

I pushed any of those thoughts involving Kenma aside and kept driving. Once we were there, I pulled Kenma along side me. Holding his arm to make sure he wouldn't try and run. But, he didn't seem to have any type of resistance, his only request being is that I loosen my grip before I bruised him. He really had the audacity to be ordering and asking favors of me..

"So. What are we doing here."

"I have something to discuss with someone."

"And you're letting me stay to listen?"

"You've no one else to share it with, so why not." I said, Kenma shrugging as he looked around. No one else was here, so we waited in silence when finally the person I was waiting for arrived. I raised my brow at the man, seeing he decided to bring his husband.

"Interesting decision to bring your husband along, Bokuto."

"Interesting decision you brought... who is that?"

"He's no one." I said, Kenma looking at the couple with some curiosity. Keeping himself hidden behind my back, peering at them with his cat-like eyes. Bokuto and I discussed our trade since we were in fact partners. His husband, Akaashi, looking at Kenma for a bit before turning his attention elsewhere. Once Bokuto and my deal was final, we shook hands and parted ways. It may seem like just a short trip, but it was important we do it in private and in person.

On the drive back home, it began to rain, heavily. Clouds and thunders, followed by lightning striking. It didn't bother me in the least, apart from being a pain to drive in. Kenma however, looked a bit upset. Curling up more in his car seat and leaning closer to me than the window. He must not be a fan of storms.
Once back, I made sure Kenma went inside before I headed back out with one more bit of business I wanted to take care of today.

Kenma's POV
I hated storms... I knew they were nothing to fear, but they were just so loud and flashy. Well, at least I got to get out a little bit. It was also boring, nothing more than listening to Kuroo and this other guy talk about a trade of medicine and weapons or something. But it was better than what I was currently doing. I laid on the ground of my "room". The small mattress I was given wasn't exactly comfortable but it would do. There weren't any windows in my room, so I didn't have to watch the storm, but the concrete walls almost felt like they managed to amplify the thunder.

I curled underneath the small blanket that was provided. Hiding my whole body underneath it. I guess being kind of small for my age and gender had advantages. I stayed there a while, my eyes open and just staring at nothing when the door opened. My head poked out curiously, Kuroo walking over while holding a box. He put the box next to my bed and left. The click of the lock indicating that was him saying goodnight.

Alright, I can barely see but I was curious. I blinked quickly to adjust to the dark before opening the lid of the box. Tilting my head as I reached inside and picked up what was inside. The tiniest of smiles on my face as I laid back down and went back underneath the covers. Falling asleep to the sounds and cuddles from my cat.