Chapter 17: Kuroken

Kuroo's POV
"...You kept him?"

"Of course I did. Did you really think that I would toss your own cat out?" Kenma just quietly sitting on my bed, holding Cinnamon tightly. Cinnamon seemed happy to have Kenma back. And Cinnamon was keeping Kenma calm.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, Kenma shaking his head no. He's been with me a few days already. And he's eaten nothing and has probably only drank a cup of water since being here. I tried to scoot closer, but Kenma just quietly scooted back a bit more and covered himself and Cinnamon up in my blankets. I sighed, staying where I was.

"Come on kitten.. You've eaten absolutely nothing in 3 days and have barely had more than a couple sips of water." Still nothing. Maybe he'd like something else to think about, or talk to. I got up, grabbing one of my empty notebooks and a couple pens, returning to Kenma and holding them out. He just glanced at them, not looking interested..

"Alright. I'll leave these here for you. Do you, want anything?" I asked, setting the notebook down in case he were to change his mind. Kenma just shook his head as I got up.

"Alright. Well, then I'll be leaving."

"...Wait."

"Hm?"

"...Don't leave me alone." He said quietly, avoiding looking at me. I wanted to just find everyone who hurt him, and have a wee little talk. But, I wasn't going to leave Kenma alone right now. Especially if he asked me too. I sat back down, staying in my spot to not scare him. Watching quietly as Kenma slowly came out from under the blankets. Cinnamon hopping out of his arms and onto the mattress and curling up while my own kitten very, very cautiously made his way closer to me. He quietly sat on his knees next to me. Carefully touching my arm and looking up at me quietly. Without him needing to speak, I pulled him into my arms.

"It's alright kitten.. You're safe here." I said, Kenma shaking as he held onto me. His body trembled in my arms, and I could properly feel just how abused his body now was. He was already to thin when I first met him, but now he felt far to malnourished. There were some scars I could feel under the dress shirt I had given him to wear and the bruises were just plain visible still. After a bit, Kenma's body stopped shaking as he slipped into sleep.

I kept a hold on him, moving so I was laying down. Cinnamon hopping off the bed and laying down while purring. I rolled my eyes at the cat, holding Kenma tightly and gently rubbing his back. Making quiet promises that I would keep him safe this time, and that I was not going to let anyone get away with what they had done to him.

Kenma's POV
Where was I... Something was holding me-! I panicked, crying out and pulling myself away as quick as I could before seeing Kuroo look up at me alarmed. He quickly sat up, reaching out to calm me. But all I saw was his hands reaching to grab me.

"S-stop it!" I cried, backing up till I nearly fell off his bed. Kuroo stayed put, my mind and heart racing until I fully was awake and realized who he was. My body was shaking beyond my control as I cried, to afraid to stop Kuroo when he pulled me back against his chest. He soothingly shushed me, saying things I wasn't hearing. Soon, my body got tired and I slumped into his hold.

"You're okay kitten.. I'm right here. I'm not going to hurt you. You're safe... you're safe." He repeated quietly until I calmed down.

"Are you hungry?" He asked to which I shook my head. Kuroo looked displeased with my answer and told me I should at least have a bite of something. I really didn't want to eat anything, but, I was scared of disobeying him. So I just nodded and climbed out of bed with him. Leaning down and picking up Cinnamon before following Kuroo down to his kitchen. He listed off a bunch of food and meals, asking if any of it sounded good. I hadn't eaten any of it in a long time, so, I wasn't really sure. So Kuroo just sliced up an apple for me as I sat down.

"Just one slice at least, okay?" I stared at the fruit, my stomach already feeling queasy as I picked it up with one hand. Kuroo watched in silence as I took a tiny bite of the corner. I took small bites, but eventually finished the slice and decided I really didn't want to eat anymore. Kuroo sighing as he picked up the plate.

"Alright, at least you ate a small bit and it should be pretty easy on your stomach." He said, putting the leftover in the fridge. After he was done, he sat across from me and tilted his head.

"Kenma.. do you want to talk to me...?" He asked gently. I felt my body tense up, so I shook my head no. I didn't want to even think about the past year, let alone relive it verbally. Kuroo nodded, slowly reaching his hand out halfway across the table and holding his palm face-up. I looked down at his hand before quietly using my free hand to hold his. Kuroo smiled, getting up and walking over to my side. I contemplated a little but let Cinnamon down and used both hands to hold onto Kuroo. Letting him hold me and tell me I was safe. But, I wasn't sure I believed him.