Chapter 5: Tsukiyama/Kuroken

Yamaguchi's POV
"Tsukki?"

"What."

"...You okay?"

"No I'm fucking pissed that idiot got caught and now Kuroo knows it was me who sent him." Tsukki said with a grit of his teeth. I know he was upset, but I hated seeing him so angry like this. I slowly walked over, cupping his cheeks and kissing him gently. Grabbing his hands and feeling him relax a little.

"It'll be okay.. I mean, you're better than anyone else." I reassured my fiancé. He sighed slightly, pulling me into his chest protectively. Personally, I hated his work. It scared me and I hated seeing people get hurt and the loud noises of screams or gunshots startled me all the time. But, Tsukki kept me as uninvolved as he could. He protected me from all of it.

"Come on love, I have work to do you should go rest." I pouted, wanting to spend time with Tsukki but I knew that if he was concerned about something he wouldn't rest until it was solved. So, I gave in and gave him a kiss goodbye before walking off and going to our shared bedroom. Curling up on our bed and deciding to take a nap.

Tsukishima's POV
"Stupid, incompetent, bumbling fucking fool jeopardizing my plans and now fucking Kuroo knows-" I grumbled to myself, pacing around in thought. Who cared if that stupid idiot got caught, he could be hung for all I care. But I knew that Kuroo wasn't forgiving. He was sure to try and return the favor. But this time, I have a fiancé to worry about. If he dared touch Yamaguchi, you bet he'll lose his hands.

I spent some time planning before going upstairs to check on Yama. Peaking into our room and seeing him fast asleep. A sigh left my lips as I walked over, pulling the blanket over him a bit more. I certainly wished I could spend more time with him, I could tell he was trying to get me away from work earlier, but there was no way I was going to rest if he was in danger. After ensuring my love was soundly asleep, I double checked all of my security to make sure he'd be safe.

Once all the security was double and even triple-checked, I went to my room and sat down at the desk I had in there. Keeping quiet to not wake Yama. Well, if that one idiot did one thing right, it was sending me information as he got it. Hm. Seems Kuroo has picked up a new plaything. Someone named Kenma.. How interesting.

Kuroo's POV
"Kenma, I want to talk to you." I said, dragging the cat-eyed boy to my office. He followed me quietly, his cat staying on the bed to sleep. Once we were in my office, I shut the door with a loud slam. Pinning Kenma to the wall with my hand wrapped around his throat.

"No one fucking takes things from me, do you understand." I said, tightening my grip. Kenma stared back at me. His small body actually trembling a bit and his eyes wide. Normally, the look of fear was something I savored. It was something that I would love to look at and my goal when interrogating or speaking to others. But.. seeing Kenma afraid didn't give me the same pleasure... I quickly let go of him, watching him sink down onto the ground and nod silently.

"Y-yes.. I understand." He said, keeping himself curled up.

"...Good. You may go now." I said, expecting him to get up and run. Instead, he stayed on the floor. His hands shaking slightly. Fuck... why was I upset over seeing him like this? He deserved it, he took something from me and snooped in my office without any type of permission. I stayed there a bit before crouching down, Kenma glancing at me. I reached out to touch his shoulder, but he panicked and hit his head against the wall trying to avoid my touch.

"...Go speak to someone named Yaku and get an ice bag for your head. Then go to your room." I said, pulling my hand away and standing up. Kenma shakily getting up and leaving. I went back to my desk, sitting down and trying to write out some plans, but I kept getting distracted. Kenma being afraid of me, bothered me. Why..? I didn't know him. He was just some snoop that I decided to keep for entertainments sake after finding him.

Should I let him go? He really didn't seem like one to talk to others about this. In fact, I noticed I was the only one he would talk to. Some of my men tried talking to him, trying to bait him into bed with them. But he seemed to shy or uncomfortable around anyone else. Maybe, I should take him home once he's asleep tonight. Let him forget about this. What other point was there in keeping him if he was just going to be like everyone else.