Chapter 29: Kuroken/Bokuaka

Kuroo's POV
Fuck, fuck fuck fuck what was going on he was fine earlier..! I picked Kenma up, rushing him back out to the car. His skin felt like it was burning, and he wasn't responding to me. As quickly as I could, I got him in the passenger seat and buckled the seatbelt. I turned on the engine, glancing over at Kenma who looked half knocked-out. Somehow I managed to get him to a hospital without getting a speeding ticket, and these doctors are so fucking lucky that they directly admitted Kenma or someone would definitely be getting their ass kicked.

The doctors gave some medicines to Kenma with an IV, drawing blood as well to see what was wrong. I explained that we were just at home when he collapsed in our bedroom. Fuckers needed to work quicker..

"Kenma?" I said, looking down at him lying in the bed. His eyes kept fluttering open as he tried to look up at me. I gritted my teeth but took in a breath to calm myself, holding his hand and using my other hand to cup his cheek.

"You're okay baby... just go on to sleep. Don't force yourself awake for me." I said quietly, knowing that the pain medicine would also make him tired, watching Kenma let himself fall asleep. I looked at the heart monitor anxiously, right now his heartbeat seemed far slower than it should be. There was nothing I could do, but I wish that blood tests didn't take so long. I wanted to know what was wrong.

I pulled a chair over and sat in silence, still holding Kenma's hand and keeping my eyes on him. Time seemed to come to a halt. I had already lost him once, what if I lost him for good this time. My thoughts were shattered when the heart monitor let out a long, drawn-out beep and the screen showed a flat-line. I got up quickly, nearly breaking the door when I swung it open and yelled as loudly as I could for someone to get in here. Honestly, that probably could've gotten me kicked out if it weren't for the fact my boyfriend was fucking dying.

A doctor ran in with a few others. I listened to them talk, one of them adjusting the medical gown on Kenma and doing CPR.

"What the fuck is happe- hey don't fucking touch me!"

"Sir you can't be in here right now."

"I SAID DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME."

"Sir please, we will have to call security if you do not leave." A nurse told me. I was tempted to bash her skull in right here, but I wanted her to focus on saving Kenma instead. At least right now. I went to the door, taking one last glance at Kenma. Watching as one doctor was performing CPR, another retrieving a CPR mask. Before I got security called on me, I left and went to the waiting room. There was no way I could sit still, so I paced around in circles. Tears started to build up as I looked at the clock.

"Fuck... Kenma.. you better come back to me."

Akaashi's POV
I was quietly washing the dishes when my phone began ringing. I glanced over, seeing Bokuto was video calling. I sighed, drying my hands before clicking answer. Smiling faintly when I saw him, sitting on a hotel bed.

"Hi babe, how're you doing?"

"I'm doing good. How has your trip been so far."

"Lonelyyyy."

"I miss you too, Bokuto. But, you will be back in a few more days."

"Oh! By the way, Kuroo just texted me."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, he said Kenma's in the hospital.. He said they were doing CPR on him last he saw before getting kicked out of the room."

"That's quite unfortunate. Does he know what is the cause?"

"No, well I mean he said something about blood work came back and something's causing Kenma to have all kinds of issues. But he has no idea what happened."

"I see."

"Yeah, I hope he's okay."

"As do I."

"I couldn't imagine if that would happen to you. Plus, Kenma's young. Not to mention if he dies, well, Kuroo is gonna go mad."

"Likely. And rightfully so."

"Huh?"

"Rightfully so. He should be upset if Kenma dies."

"Oh, yeah so I was just talking to him and he isn't doing to hot. And I should be getting to bed myself, but I wanted to fill you in before I do."

"Thank you for letting me know Bokuto. You sleep well."

"You get some sleep too, I love you!"

"I love you, too." I said, watching as Bokuto hung up. I smiled faintly, shaking my head and continuing to wash the dishes. I set the plates to dry before walking over to the cups of tea that were still left on the coffee table in the living room where Kuroo, Kenma, and I all sat together. I picked them up and walked them to the kitchen, cleaning my and Kuroo's mug. Looking at Kenma's before taking it to the trash can, opening the lid and dropping the glass inside. Hearing the handle and the rum shatter as it hit the bottom. I stared down at the few droplets of the tea shining on the shattered pieces of glass before closing the lid and returning to the sink.

"Mm. Flatlined right in front of Kuroo. How unfortunate."