Chapter 6: Kuroken

Kenma's POV
"Are you... Yaku..?"

"Mhm, whaddya want." Said a man who was similar height to me. I quietly told him that Kuroo told me to get an ice pack from him. He tilted his head but shrugged, giving me one and returning to stitching up someone's arm. Normally I'd watch since this was something different, But, I really didn't feel like it at the moment. After I got the ice pack, I went straight to my room and laid down next to Cinnamon. Pressing the cold bag against the back of my head where I accidentally hit it.

Kuroo actually wasn't that scary.. But, when he got mad at me like that, it brought back some memories that I had tried shoving away. I guess it just triggered me a bit.

"Kenma."

"...Yes?" I looked over, Kuroo opening the door. He gestured for me to follow with Cinnamon. I quietly got up, picking my cat up with one arm while holding the ice pack with the other while following Kuroo. After a short walk, he unlocked another room. One that looked like more of an actual bedroom. Or at least closer to one.

"You'll be staying here now."

"Okay. But, why?"

"I need your other room for, other reasons." He said, tucking the keys back into his pocket. I slowly nodded and stepped inside, looking around my new room. I made my way to the bed, having to admit that this bed was a definite upgrade from the mattress I've been sleeping on the past couple nights. It was so comfy, I guess I ended up falling asleep without meaning too.

Time skip: Middle of the night
I startled awake from a loud noise. Glancing out the window I now had. Seeing there was another thunderstorm. Cinnamon didn't care and just kept sleeping, but I was a bit scared.. I tried hiding underneath the larger blanket but that didn't really do anything. Without waking up my cat, I climbed out of bed and walked over to the door. Expecting it to be locked like normal, but this time, it wasn't.

I poked my head out into the hallway. It was completely dark apart from some light coming from one room. Wonder if that's where Kuroo was since his men didn't seem to sleep or stay here at night like he and I did. After a little bit of considering, I decided to see if he was awake. Once I reached the room, I took in a breath and knocked. The door opened and Kuroo looking down at me.

"What is it."

"...Um. Do you have any.. curtains or something."

"..What?"

"Never mind. Would you come put my blanket over my window for me.. I can't reach." I mumbled, thinking that maybe not having to see the storm would help me go back to sleep. Kuroo looked at me before laughing slightly.

"Oh yes, you're afraid of storms, aren't you."

"...No I'm not."

"Really?"

"..Yeah."

"Then why do you need your blanket to act as a curtain."

"So the light from the lightning doesn't wake me up.." I lied, avoiding looking at him. Any attempt at me lying about not being scared was tossed out the window when I flinched at the noise of a particularly loud boom of thunder. Kuroo watched me quietly before telling me to stay here in his room. This was probably the first time since I've been here that I was pretty genuinely surprised.

"Why??" I asked, being pulled into his room. Kuroo ended up picking me up and dropping me onto his bed. Wow, this was even nicer than the bed I had back at my apartment.

"Because people are pests when they don't sleep. They're annoying."

"So, I'm assuming that means you don't sleep?" I dared to say, Kuroo giving me a bit of a glare. He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. Leaving and returning with a small glass of juice. Telling me to drink it to shut me up. I shrugged, thirsty anyway so I sipped it. Soon, I got really tired.. Curling up under the soft blankets and falling asleep comfortably.

Kuroo's POV
Did he really just say that to me. Well, I suppose that means that he is back to normal. Why did I feel guilty for scaring him earlier. Should I apologize..? No, why should I. Once Kenma was asleep, I took the drink and poured the rest of it into the bathroom sink. Returning and putting the blanket over Kenma properly. He was definitely knocked out. A little anesthesia never hurt anyone.

I finished the work I was doing before getting up and walking to what used to be Kenma's old room. That's where we stuck Tsukishima's spy for now. I walked in, seeing him tied to the metal chair. Still bleeding and sitting there, practically a limp body.

"So. What exactly does Tsukishima know?"

"..."

"You know. The human body can withstand a lot of pain, should we both figure out its limits?"

"I-I told him information as I found it..!"

"And what did you find."

"That.. that you found Kenma.. and, and found an interest in him-!" I paused, laughing at him.

"Oh, so you told Tsukishima that I found someone I like, is that it?"

"...Yes..?"

"I'm glad he sent a stupid spy." I said, getting up. Walking past the man and over to a table with several of my favorite 'toys' on it. What haven't I used in a while. The Scalpel has been a bit neglected lately. I picked it up, walking back over and crouching down in front of the man. Smiling when he had that look of fear.

"Kuroo..?" I turned, seeing Kenma standing in the doorway half asleep. I sighed, dropping the scalpel and walking over to him. Placing my hands on either side of him and stepping back out into the hallway with him, closing the door.

"What are you doing awake and over here."

"I woke up and you weren't in the room." He muttered, eyes closing again. The drug was probably still in his system and making him a little woozy. He ended up leaning against me. I grabbed him so he wouldn't fall. Wow, did he really fall asleep again on me.. I sighed, picking him up and taking him back to my room. Putting him back on the bed and covering him again before heading back into the hallway. Yeah right. As if I like him...