Chapter 28: Bokuaka/Kuroken

Bokuto's POV
"Akaashiii! There you are, how was the visit?" I asked, giving my husband a hug. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and rested his head on my chest.

"It was okay. I'm returning tomorrow to plant new flowers." He said. I nodded, letting him go upstairs to change and put away our photo album. I knew how hard it was for Akaashi to have lost his little sister. And then his parents right after her. When we first met, he was seriously depressed. And I would be too if that had happened to me. I just wish Akaashi would tell me how he lost them, but it was probably a really painful topic, so I never pushed him. I heard the shower upstairs turn on. Guess Akaashi would be a bit, so I sat on the couch and opened a book until Akaashi joined me.

"Bokuto."

"Yes?"

"When were you going on your trip."

"In a few days. Why?"

"I'm just curious."

"You know, you're still free to join me babe."

"I'll miss you, and I would, but-"

"But you need to stay for your parent's birthdays. I understand completely." I said, Akaashi nodding. It must suck for him that the 'anniversary' of his sister's death and his parents' birthdays are so close together. He always made sure to visit them on their birthdays, or anniversaries. I put an arm around him, pulling him closer to me and setting the book aside.

"Well, you can call me any time, even if it's 3 am. Okay?" I said with a smile, Akaashi smiling faintly with a nod. He gave me a kiss before cuddling up to me, savoring one of our last few nights together for a few days.

Time Skip: Akaashi's POV
I sighed, sitting at home alone now. Bokuto would be gone for several days to a week on a trip. And of course, I really did miss him. But, now was the only time I could use my plan without risk of Bokuto finding out. Bokuto would do anything for me, but I can't imagine he would be very happy about my idea. Especially since he and Kuroo were friends.

Me: Are you and Kenma busy at the moment?

Kuroo: Not really, something wrong?

Me: No. I was wondering if you and Kenma would like to come over for dinner

Kuroo: Really?

Me: Yes. You know Bokuto is gone, and it would be nice to have company

Kuroo: Sure, why not. 6 good?

Me: Perfect. I will see you both then

Kenma's POV
"Hey Kenma, are you alright?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah. Just tired." I said, Kuroo giving my head a kiss before proceeding to the restroom to shower. I didn't mind going over to have dinner with Akaashi.. But, honestly, I wasn't sure he liked me. What he had told me when I first met him never left my mind. It isn't that I believed him anymore, I was certain that Kuroo wasn't just going to toss me out when he was finished with me, but the way Akaashi acted seemed, odd. Well, he was Bokuto's husband and Bokuto was Kuroo's friend, so I'm sure it'd be okay.

Mini Time skip to Bokuto and Akaashi's
"Welcome, both of you. Allow me to take your jackets." Akaashi said, hanging up my and Kuroo's jacket while we slipped our shoes off. Akaashi insisted we have a seat, talking with us a bit before asking me to follow him to the kitchen. I did so, helping him check the food he had prepared when he glanced at me.

"Kenma, I'd like to apologize."

"For what?"

"I know what you went through, the past year. And perhaps I misjudged Kuroo, and you. Kuroo certainly cares for you, so, I am glad you didn't heed my advice upon our first meeting." He said with a small smile. I nodded, accepting his apology before calling Kuroo in to eat. Kuroo and I sat together, thanking Akaashi for the food. It wasn't bad, Akaashi was a good cook.

Kuroo and Akaashi made light conversation while we all ate. I'd join in sometimes, but I mostly stayed quiet. After the meal, Akaashi set the plates into the sink and rinsed them before leading us all back to the couch with some cups of tea in hand. He handed Kuroo his before handing me mine. Akaashi ended up talking quite a bit about himself while Kuroo and I listened. I never knew he had a sister.

After our visit, Akaashi escorted us to the door and wished us a goodnight. Once Kuroo and I were home, Kuroo said he was going to go clean up the kitchen before bed. So I just headed to our bedroom to change. Of course, instead of my normal sleeping clothes, I took one of Kuroo's dress-shirts. He was a lot taller than me, so I really didn't need to wear much else underneath it.

After I was changed, I curled up in bed. Grabbing my notebook and just writing while waiting for Kuroo to join me. Though, my stomach was starting to hurt and I was getting a headache.. I put my notebook back down and got out of bed, my legs giving out under me. Suddenly I felt really weak...

"Kenma, are you alright?" Kuroo called from downstairs. I didn't respond, staying on the floor. The room felt like it was spinning and my body felt like it was on fire.

"Kenma??" Kuroo's voice sounded more concerned, but everything in my ears started to ring. Kuroo appeared in the doorway, running over and kneeling onto the ground with me. Placing his hands on my arms. I tried looking up at him, but his face looked blurry.

"Kenma?? Kenma!"