Chapter 28:

Percy's POV:

After Aphrodite left we told the girls it was time for bed, and they all went off to do so. After Thalia ensured us that she was fine for taking the night watch, Artemis and I head off to bed as well.

"When are we going to ask them" Artemis asked me

"Tomorrow at the earliest, after that it is up to you" I replied, knowing she wants to tell the hunters about us wanting to adopt them. Which was the last part of the plan we made back when we were spending time with Raily, and it's more of just a safeguard, so that Artemis can still have the hunt without having the hunt.

She looked at me and I knew that we would be telling them in the morning, and that I was also meant to be her pillow now. Which I don't mind at all, despite what some would probably think it is fairly comfortable for me.

I stayed up the whole night worrying, as I'm at war and well, as much as it would be nice to have the hunt to fight alongside with, they are my family now and I don't want them to be in danger. I could see if they would be willing to stay on one of my ships, but it may delay my reinforcements a few hours, as they have just reached southern California yesterday.

Artemis woke up after I decided to see if they would go along with that plan, because I know Artemis is planning on taking them to CHB to allow them to rest some before they go back out on the hunt. "Percy can we tell them now please" Artemis whined, and I couldn't exactly say no.

So we left our tent to see that Thalia cooked her first meal for the rest of the hunt, as pertaining to the incident they put themselves in yesterday, and that other food was ready for the other half. Artemis and I set the table, before calling the girls out of their tents for breakfast. They all came rushing out and when the half that choose Thalia's cooking had they said, "I forgot about this" 

Breakfast went by quickly and those with Thalia's cooking tried eating it fast enough so they wouldn't have to taste it. "Ok, girls now that you are all done eating I have something that I would like to ask you" Artemis stated, barely containing her excitement. She took a deep breath before continuing "Will you all like to be mine and Percy's adopted daughters" she asked and the hunter's mouth all dropped open before looking at me.

"What, she spoke the truth for both of us" I said seeing their gaze

"Well, as much as I would like to piss off my father more than what you two already have done, I can't do that at the sacrifice of being kelp head's kid, even if I am adopted" Thalia said, which drew the rest of the hunt out of their shock

"Do...you really mean it, will you be my new mommy and daddy" Raily asked, Artemis and I shared a look before nodding and saying we did. Hearing that Raily, April, and Scarlet immediately accepted, followed by a slightly less enthusiastic Emily.

"can we keep our oaths if we want to" Julia asked 

"yes you can keep to your oaths and no I won't force any of you into a marriage of which you do not want" I said and many of the girls went back to their shocked state to process the information. Emily however looked more at easy with the information.

When the girls came out of their shocked state they all agreed as they already viewed Artemis as a mother, and were just happy that now it was somewhat a more official deal.

"So where are we going next" Alexia asked

"Well I was thinking we could go to camp half blood to rest"Artemis said

"Or we can go on one of my ships and watch the destruction of Caligula's fleet" I suggested, and Artemis looked at me confusedly.

"can we help" Mara asked