Chapter 27:

Apollo's POV:

We got into the Prius that Percy left us here and I began driving us off to the entrance of the legion.

We were making our way out of San Francisco, and I began to have a feeling that we were being followed. "Do you think we are being followed" Meg asked

"I was uncertain before but now I'm certain"  I replied, "Oh and thanks for jinxing us"

She grumbled about me making unfair assumptions and that I was the one who is jinxing us. I remained silent instead of retorting like she probably wanted me too. She's not a bad person, she just likes annoying me.

We got out of the city and were driving along the interstate and all of the sudden we were rammed off the road. Now, before you ask what do you mean rammed off the road, what I mean is the car behind us slammed into us at a velocity which sent us up and over the guard rail and rolling down the forested hillside the road sat atop of. 

"I don't think Percy is going to be too happy about the car" I said

"I think we have bigger problems than the car" Meg said, pointing to a couple of Germani that I ironically recognized from the battle at Waystation.

"Oh shit" I mumbled, grabbing Meg's arm and ran deeper into the forest. I began praying for my sister to guide me to safety through the wilderness and preferably to New Rome if she could, and to misguide the Germani.

I continued running and eventually came up to a lake and I saw a couple of legionaries on the other side of it. Since, I just recently destroyed what Percy told me not to destroy, I decided we were going around the lake. 

By the time we got around the lake I was sweating and panting heavily. "Hold it right there Apollo" Reyna shouted.

"Yes Reyna" I asked timidly

"give me one reason why I should not have you and your accomplice killed here and now" She said as the cohort behind her ready their weapons.

"I have word from Percy" I stated, more like a question.

"It's Perseus here, and give me the letter" she sighed out

I handed her the letter and she looked at the seal like she didn't know what it was but opened it anyway. She took a minute to read through the letter before sighing, "Centurions gather the senate, and you two can stay with Leo and Calypso, to dress properly for the senate" Reyna ordered

I sighed in relief thankful for whatever Percy told her.

Time skip

Reyna's POV:

I was informed by one of the legionaries that there were two people coming from the secret lake entrance. I sighed before grabbing the 5th cohort to go and meet these two intruders. Of course, this came interrupting my conversation with Leo and Calypso.

When I got there with the cohort, I saw two people rounding the lake and instantly knew it was the foretold arrival of Apollo and his companion that Leo told me about. I didn't want to deal with him he didn't even put up a fight during the war and was just as useless as Heracles, Deimos, and Phobos.

We had an exchange of words before he hand me a letter with a weird seal saying it was from Percy. The weird thing about it, is that it looked like a combination of Perseus's and Diana's seal. I opened it anyway, despite the strange nature of the seal and began to read the letter.

Dear Consul Reyna, 

We ask for the temporary hosting of Lester Papadopoulos, The Mortal Apollo, and one Meg McCaffery, a daughter of Lady Ceres. They are passing through for Apollo's quest and will hopefully be out of your hair soon.