Chapter 14

IRENE

Scrolling through Instagram, I saw a post with my picture and that of Uzo and my blood boiled at the sight of the caption.

These two teen stars be giving us the main sauce. Who kills the badass look, Irene or Uzo?

I tapped the comment section and began reading the comments.

DayoOlaler_e  Irene all the way. That skin and body is a killer.

That wiped off the scowl on my face and I chuckled mentally.

"We're home!" Ola voiced graced the length and breadth of the living room we were seated in and my gaze landed on her. She walked in with Desmond behind her each holding a package from KFC where they got us chicken and fries.

My eyes darted back to my cellphone and I read the next comment.

Callmecray_zee. What are we talking about? Comparing someone who has been in the industry for more than eight years to someone who joined this year. Haba fear God! Irene all the way jare.

Reading this particular comment got me smiling and wondering what brought about the baseless argument.
I went to the next comment which was a reply to the one I just read.

Bibidiva. There is no argument here. Irene is fake, Uzo is the main deal. It doesn't matter how many years she has spent in the industry, if one is destined to be successful then so be it.

I rolled my eyes at that one.

Lame!

Oshey, motivational speaker.

The statement sounded like something Theodore could say but then he'll say in a more sensible way.

"Here." TY's voice came out and I turned to him. He was holding out a cup of champagne and I scowled. "You know I don't drink." I stated and he rolled his eyes. "Jeez my bad. I decided to give you the benefit of doubt." He said and passed the cup to Desmond who had taken his seat beside me when he came in. Desmond stood up and went to get me a bottle of orange juice from the kitchen and came with it less than a minute later with me thanking him.

My gaze landed on the plate of chips and chicken before me and I was mentally salivating. Looking away from the plate, my eyes met that of Theodore's and as expected, he didn't look away, I did.

He watched me as though he was studying me and that had me worried.

Could it be because of what I told him?

Now thinking about it, I regretted telling him everything. I mean, how long have I known him to have told him my deepest secrets. Something I hadn't said to even my best friend Desmond. Two weeks? Just two weeks and I let my wall of resolve crumble?

I wanted to distract myself so bad as the voices were coming back again.

He's only going to see you as an object of pity and very soon, every other person will.

The voice came in and I could swear I heard loud cackling follow. I shut my eyes to wade away the voice and laughter but it seemed like they were even getting louder.

Nothing but a flawed little girl. That's what you are.

You're bad luck itself.

"Irene!" A voice cut through my little trance and I was grateful. "What's the matter?" That was Zion's voice. I looked up to the worried expressions on all their faces.