Chapter 48

IRENE

"Are you going to usher me in or are you going to stand there and look at me like I just landed from the moon." I asked. I had been in Theodore's room for roughly a minute and he didn't say a thing, instead his eyes were glued on me.

"My bad, you're welcome." I replied with a broad smile.

"Thanks." I said and skipped to his bed nonchalantly his eyes on me all the way.

"You look very beautiful." He said giving me a once over for like the umpteenth time in just a few minutes.

"I know." I replied leaning into his bed. I was taking Ivy's counsel and for some reason I didn't know if it was the right thing to do or not. I mean, the girl was barely sixteen.

"Never give him your full attention, never let him know you're very interested in him, speak with confidence, do not avoid eye contact, don't over dress, talk as though you didn't care."

I arched a brow at her. "And that's supposed to be?"

"That's how you win a man over and keep him coming back." I didn't know when I burst into laughter.

"And who are you to tell me how I can keep a man. Have you been in a relationship before?"

"I have not been in a relationship but I know all of this because when I was working with Kendall ma'am she said it all the time."

I widened my eyes in horror. "Kendall was giving you out to men?"

"No silly." She said with the wave of a hand. "She changes boyfriends like every two weeks and goes on so many dates."

I cocked my brows at her. "So she discusses her love life with you."

Ivy sighed and face palmed herself. "Not that sister dearest, she talks about it with her very loud and saucy friends and yeah I overhear them all the time."

I rolled my eyes. "If you're thinking I'm gonna use the advice sourced from someone who changes her boyfriend every two weeks then you must be delusional."

Oh I was the delusional one now because I was doing exactly what Ivy had said. Dressing casual, acting like I don't care. Boy oh boy, I hoped I was doing the right thing.

"Oh okay." He replied and looked away. So this was beginning to feel awkward.

"Your jacket is nice." I said to him in an attempt to compliment him. He gave me a small smile and muttered thanks to me.

"So let's head out already." He said breaking the almost uncomfortable silence looming over us. I nodded and walked behind him as he led me to a garage, one I had never been to, one I didn't even know was in the house.

I kept my fingers crossed as we walked there. What could he have for me in the garage? A ring? Is he going to propose? Oh Lord, I'm so not ready for this and I didn't even dress for it.

My heart was literally pacing. "Here we are." Theodore said and my eyes landed on the almost empty garage. I looked around at the numerous tool boxes. I sighed in disappointment, no cake, no balloons, no surprise party. What was I even thinking.

"Theodore let's head out already." I breathed out and looked away, to the side.

"Well duh!" He called out almost enthusiastically. "That's why we're here. We're taking this sweet baby." He said and my eyes followed his hands and landed on a horrifying machine.

"You're joking right?" I asked him. He had to be kidding. There's no way I will climb onto that bike and ride many miles with him to wherever we were going.