Chapter 40

IRENE

"I made a friend today." That was Rowland's answer to my question 'how was school?'

"That's good to know." Ivy replied dismissively and I nudged her.

"His name is Osaretin," Rowland spoke up. "He's so nice and I like him very much."

"Nobody asked you." Ivy muttered beside me but Rowland went on nonetheless paying no attention to her words.

"His sister attends the same school as you and Ivy and she's very nice too. She got us both chocolates. And she says she's a finalist in your school. You might know her."

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Uh, I don't know but I know she's dark skinned and she has big black long braids on,"

"Box braids, they're called box braids Rowland."

He shot Ivy a glare and returned his gaze to me. "The braids has curls too and they're very shiny."

"Goddess braids it is."

"It's not about the kind of braids Ivy, we're trying to identify the person." Rowland said his face in a scowl.

"Well I'm sorry for trying to help you she said and looked the other way. I was in no mood to think about their banters as Theodore's words hit me hard.

"She wears glasses too." He added. The description he was giving did not do justice to anyone I knew.

"Don't worry kiddo, I'll get to know her soon. You description isn't helping instead it's—"

I paused. Big black braids, dark skinned, wears glasses. It had better not be who I have in mind.

"What's your friend's full name?" I asked Rowland crossing my fingers.

"Osaretin Roberts."

I was not wrong?it was her.

Osaretin Roberts, Osaze Roberts.

I knew Osaze had a younger brother but did not know how old and I had never met him either. Now to think of it, I had never been to Osaze's house either and have never met her parents.

"Osaze Roberts."

"No his name is Osaretin not Osaze." Rowland replied.

"His sister name is Osaze." I said and the car came to a halt. We had arrived home.

"Oh so you know her. Is she your friend?"

"I know her." I replied him and did not reply to this second question.

I got out of the car and walked to Ivy who was already at the entrance to the house. "How was school?"

"I thought you were never going to ask." She said with a straight face and I arched a brow at her. Almost immediately her scowl dissolved into a smile. A big smile.

School was good then.

➪➪➪➪➪

"Will you please leave my room. You're distracting me." I said to Ivy who laid on my couch reading one of the numerous novels she got from Kiki.

"I'm not making any sound. How them am I distracting you?" She asked looking away from the book.

I sighed and rolled my eyes returning my attention back to the textbooks before me. We were done with our mock and even JAMB registration and I applied for Theatre arts. We were already preparing for JAMB which was only a month away.