Chapter 45

THEODORE

I was seated in the dining hall rounding up with my breakfast so I would hurry to school. Not like the school cared what time finalists arrived but I just felt the need to go to school early like I always have for over a month. Moreover, it was a Monday.

The moment I got up from the chair I was seated on, I headed towards the couch in the living room to get my backpack so I would head out when my eyes caught something on the television screen.

BREAKING NEWS

"We are live at the residence of the teen supermodel Irene Coker." The reporter spoke up.

"Tell us miss Coker, why have you been inactive on all your social media accounts? We have heard speculations from different points of view but we want to hear directly from the horse's mouth."

Irene spoke up with so much confidence. "I have been a bit ill and stressed out and have also been preparing for my forthcoming examination."

I watched Irene closely. She looked unbelievably beautiful. More beautiful than she had ever been. She had her natural hair up in a bun and laid the edges neatly and stylishly. She looked ever so classy in the school's uniform.

"Can you explain why your friends were seen at the emergency unit at Kelina Memorial hospital?" Another reporter asked.

Irene lifted her weight from one leg to the other. Something I had noticed she does a lot.

"We all were at the hospital and were at many other units so seeing them at the emergency unit means absolutely nothing. I went to receive drip and since Tobias was in town, he came over to see me."

She replied them skillfully but trust the journalists to have more questions for her.

"What do you have to say about the rumors going on that you are terminally ill and go for chemotherapy from time to time?"

These reporters!

"I am not terminally ill. I am very fine. I just fell a little ill as a result of stress, nothing more."

She replied them yet again. Watching her on the screen made me want to hold her close and tell her how sorry I was, how much I missed her and how I wanted to fix things, make things right between us, make it up to her.

"What do you have to say to those who thought you were dead just because your sister died as at the same time you went hiatus on the general public?"

I sucked in a breath. They decided to bring up such a sensitive topic and I began to fear for Irene.

Do not break down, you're a strong girl. You have always been.

I muttered on the inside praying silently that she doesn't break down before the media and surprisingly, she didn't. In fact, she spoke with so much confidence that I doubted I would be able to face her.

"My disappearance from all social media network and my sister's death happening at around the same period is purely coincidental. As you can see, I am well."

Another reporter spoke up. "One last question for you miss Coker."

"No more questions, I have to leave for school and I'm running late.

The extremely huge guys beside her whom I figured were her bodyguards kept the reporters away as they led Irene away, probably to the car.

A reporter's voice and faced took over the screen next.