Chapter 27

IRENE

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. We checked in at some fancy hotel in New Jersey few hours ago after the promotional shoot in South Korea.

I was exhausted from all the traveling.  The day before, we were at Dublin for a commercial and to be honest, I was experiencing fatigue. It was a good thing I didn't have any shoot till the next day and it was already some minutes past six in the evening.

I was seated on the bed with my laptop in front of me taking my classes I had missed online while Eugenia was sprawled on the couch with her work tablet. She looked very serious and I knew it had to do with getting appointments and checking my email.

A soft knock was heard on the door to our hotel room. "I'll get it." Eugenia said and made for the door.

I had one more class to catch up with and I'll be on the same pace with those guys at school. Going through my schedule, I almost groaned out in pure frustration. Maths class was the only class left.

"Irene, it's time for dinner." Eugenia said walking to the large cabinet at the end of the room.

I guess maths has to wait. I shut down my laptop and slid my feet into my flip flops, grabbed my phone and made for the door with Eugenia trailing behind me.

We got to the large hall on the second floor which served as a cafeteria through the elevator. I took a seat on a table and Eugenia sat beside me her eyes not looking away from the tablet.

"What can I get you two?" A slender looking blonde lady asked as she stood before for handing us both menus. I went through the list of meals on the menu and placed my order alongside Eugenia's.

"I don't think I'm going to eat all these junk these people are serving." Eugenia said with a frown as the waitress walked away and her hair styled in a chignon in full view.

"What then do you want to eat?" J asked her and she smiled.

"Pounded yam and oha soup. I crave it so badly." I couldn't help but burst into laughter. Pounded yam and oha in New Jersey? Eugenia definitely wouldn't be the death of me.

"You'll have to eat what they have to offer because I don't have the strength to start looking for any african restaurant if at all there is one here." She pouted and returned her gaze to the tablet.

"Mind if I join you ladies?" I jerked my head upwards at the sound of that masculine voice. The guy standing before was really pleasant to look at. Chiseled jaw, dark hair, spotless face, blue eyes and pink plump lips.

I hadn't realized I'd been staring hard until Eugenia nudged me. "Sure take a seat with us. We don't mind." I replied him and I heard Eugenia mutter something in the line of 'speak for yourself'.

He took a seat opposite me a calculated smile on his alluring lips. "I'm Dylan, Dylan Stark." He said as he made himself comfortable in the seat. He sat with so much confidence as though he owned the entire place.

"Irene Coker." I responded giving him my signature smile. The one that got the guys drooling and the girls envious. When I noticed Eugenia wasn't ready to say a thing, I spoke on her behalf. "She's Eugenia, she's quite busy, sorry about that." I didn't see the need to tell him her last name because I doubted he had ever heard the name before.

He smiled again and shrugged. "It's no problem."

"So what brought you here?" He asked and I crossed my legs lazily. "I have a shoot tomorrow, I'm a model."

His gaze lingered and I began to feel quite uncomfortable. "Oh I know you. Not too familiar with you though." I shrugged.

I'm Irene Coker, it wouldn't come as a surprise if you have seen photos of me before.