Chapter 49

THEODORE

"I still haven't forgiven him." Desmond said a scowl marring his face and I sighed out. Why so hard on me Des? Why?

We were at TY's place and the entire gang was gathered there. I had to apologize for upsetting Irene and it did go well, pretty much everyone understood that I wouldn't have done that if I wasn't in a bad mood.

"Come on Desmond, he's sorry." Irene cooed and I just couldn't help the smile that graced my face. We were all up in our feelings about an hour ago and I just couldn't believe everything that went down at our 'date' was real. I mean, if anyone had told me that I would be so emotionally attached to Irene the day we met, I would have hit the person on the head severally with a book to bring them back to their senses.

"For the umpteenth time Kazeem, I'm not interested in her."

"Not yet."

Boy oh boy, Kazeem is so going to tease me.

"The dude in question isn't even paying attention." Desmond said and I figured he was talking about me.

"I am listening Desmond, I'm sorry please forgive me."

After a little persuasion from the guys, he rolled his eyes with a small smile on his lips. "Alright alright. You're forgiven." He said and I get up to give him a bro handshake.

"But if it repeats itself, I won't hesitate to damage your face and every other beautiful thing about you." He said and I chuckled.

"It will never repeat itself, I promise." I assured him and everyone else in the room.

"Irene, Kiki,  come let's make sandwiches." Ola called them and I knew deep down that it was only an excuse to have Irene narrate what went down between us. Girls.

"I'll be right back." Irene whispered to me and I smiled urging her to go with the girls.

TY put on the television and there was a football match. It was a match between Manchester United and Chelsea, Desmond and TY gave their utmost attention to the ongoing match while Zion got up and walked out of the living room to the balcony.

I got up and followed him to the balcony. He had his hands on the rails as he looked straight ahead. I walked towards where he stood and took the same posture as him.

"Hey!" He called out in feigned excitement when he noticed I was beside him. I let my eyes linger on him for longer than normal and I sighed.

"You hate me now, don't you?" I asked and he creased his brows. "You hate me right?" I repeated.

"Oh, no," he started shaking his head. "If Desmond and Irene forgave you, who am I not to? Why would you even think so?" He asked but I wasn't talking about my fall out with Irene.

"I'm not talking about my fall out with Irene." I said expecting him to understand what I was referring to.

"Then what are you talking about?" He asked. Was he really oblivious or playing dumb? He wanted me to spell it out.

"Osaze."

The look of confusion on his face changed into an impassive one, he looked eerily calm and for some reason it frightened me.

After a while of silence, he shrugged. "Why hate on you? It's not your fault she likes you and it's not like you feel the same way. I know you're into Irene, the way you look at her..." he paused and turned to me. "It's gold."

I heaved a sigh. "She wants to make things right Zion, she's sorry." I said to him.

"I miss Zion, he's that one person that understands me in a way no one else does."