Chapter 37

IRENE

Ola, Kiki and I were seated on Kiki's bed as Ola kept going on and on about the outfit she was going to wear to the school's Christmas party. We decided meeting at Kiki's would be way better because meeting at Ola's was a no no and well my place, wasn't just it.

"Irene what will you be wearing to the Christmas party?" Kiki asked.

"I'm sure Irene will pepper them." Ola hyped and I smiled.

"I actually do not know what I'm going to wear," I answered.

"You don't even have to worry. Your designer will come up with something."

I nodded my gaze flickering over a flower vase beside Kiki's bed stand. I had never seen it in her room before.

"Kiki did you just get this vase? It's really beautiful."

"I've had it for weeks now. Uche got it for me."

I didn't say anything else so as to avoid anything concerning Uche as I wasn't sure Kiki was in the right state of mind to talk about him yet.

"So Irene when last did you talk to Theodore?" Ola asked trying to change the atmosphere and well, she succeeded in changing the atmosphere for me. I warmed up at the sound of his name.

"I was at his house this afternoon." I replied a nonexistent smile playing on my lips.

"See how she's smiling. Wahala for who no get Theodore oh." Ola whined and I feigned annoyance.

"I'm not smiling Olaedo."

"Irene likes Theodore?" Kiki asked.

"No!"

"Isn't it obvious?"

Ola and I replied simultaneously.

"How could I miss it, it's probably why Osaze never really liked her."

Ola frowned.

"It's not about Theodore. Osaze had never liked Irene right from SS1 when we all became her friends."

"I'm thinking Theodore fueled it." Kiki added and I stared at them in awe at how they talked about me like I wasn't seated beside them.

"You two are aware that the Irene you speak of is seated in your midst right?"

"Osaze isn't really a bad person, she probably just has her own issues." Kiki added and Ola snorted loudly taking her phone in her hands.

Kiki's phone began to ring and she took a quick glance at the screen before shoving it away.

"It's the mother fucker, isn't it?" We heard a baritone and we turned to the door. Zion leaned against the door frame in a sleeveless tank top and a pair of shorts.

"You don't have to worry about it." Kiki said dismissively waving it away.

"Excuse you, I have to worry about it. You're my sister Kiki." He said still leaned against the doorframe his gaze trained on his sister. I was really glad they had settled everything but I just wished things were better and the twins both didn't have their hearts broken.

"He fucking broke your heart, he cheated. Why haven't you blocked the ass wipe?" Zion asked moving away from the door.

"Exactly!" Ola chipped in and I turned to her in awe. It's her brother they were talking about.

"The fact that she's mad at him doesn't mean she should block him or cut him off completely. Did you block Osaze?" I wasn't sure how or why I said those words came out of my mouth but I realized the intensity of them when I saw something flicker through Zion's eyes.