Chapter 21

THEODORE

"What a day!" Irene exhaled slumping on my bed. How she was that comfortable in my house, my room, I found very fascinating.

It was Monday and we were running out of time with our project so we decided to meet up at my house as always. Chuckling softly at the scowl she had on her face, I grabbed a towel and some comfortable clothes from my wardrobe.

"Hey, I want to have a quick shower if you don't mind." She let out a soft giggle. "I don't and even if I did, it wouldn't matter as it's your house and your room."

Shaking my head, I smiled and advanced into the bathroom. The cold water cascaded down my body and after spending few minutes in the bath, I felt refreshed and ready take on anything that comes my way.

Stepping out of the bathroom in a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt, I moved my hair towel in circular motions on my head to get the unnecessary moisture out of my hair and with a free hand, I held my school uniform which I had pulled off.

Dumping the uniform in my small laundry basket, I walked towards my bed. Irene lay there backing me and had her full attention on her phone. My eyes trailed down her exposed flawless legs on it's own accord and stopped right where the skirt stopped, her thigh.

Shaking my head to wade away all perverted thoughts, I plopped beside her on the bed and peeked into her phone as I saw she was smiling. "So who's making you smile so much?" I asked wriggling my brows.

She turned to me chuckling. "I didn't know you're done."

"Of course you didn't. You were smiling at your phone. Was it Desmond?" I asked and she nodded grinning like a child. She dropped her phone on the bed and turned to me fully. "So can we get to work?" She asked and I replied her with 'Of course.'

We sat on the bed looking at my wardrobe for minutes without any idea of what to take a picture of. "Any idea?" She turned to me and I sighed tiredly shaking my head. "Gosh, who knew photography could be this tasking." She said letting out an exaggerated sigh.

That caused my lips to stretch into a smile. And then it occurred to me that I had been smiling so much recently. Something that hasn't happened in more than two years now.

"Wait!" She screeched taking her camera from the bed. I followed her gaze to the top of my wardrobe where my customized digital camera sat and with so much seriousness on her face, she took several shots of it and handed the camera over to me.

"Go through them, we're picking the best." She said and I examined the photos she had taken. "Not bad." Was my comment. "Just a little editing and it'll be perfect." I said and she nodded. "You'll do just that." And with a nod, we sat there saying absolutely nothing with Irene checking out the photos she had taken over and over again and then something struck me.

Getting up abruptly, I checked the time on my wall clock and it was four thirty four. An Idea sank into my head and I grabbed my camera grinning.

"Hey, grab your stuff we're going to the beach." Her eyes went wide as saucers. "The beach?!" She literally screeched. "Yeah."

"It's day time Theodore, You know I can't go there. Not without my disguise." I finally understood what she was rambling about.

"Well then put on your disguise." An arch on my brow followed the words that left my mouth. "I would if I had brought it with me. You didn't tell me we were going to the beach." She had an irritated look on her face.

"Look, it's not a big deal. I'll find something in my wardrobe." I was ruminating through my wardrobe for something that could serve as a disguise.