Chapter 24

THEODORE

Streaks of sunlight fell on my face and I slowly opened my eyes to the blinding light.

Wait, did I fall asleep?

I tried recalling everything that happened the previous night. I was telling Irene about my childhood and I slept.

But how?

I was very used to staying awake at night that I could actually be up all night without the influence of caffeine.

Still trying to pin point what made me fall asleep, I heard a dulcet voice. It belonged to Irene. "Theodore you're up." She stated with a smile. I gave a once over. She was clad in a pink two piece tube top and mini skirt. As expected, it exposed much skin.

"Yeah. What's the time?" I questioned getting out of bed. She glanced at her phone screen. "Fifteen minutes to eleven."

Fifteen minutes to eleven?

And our flight was by twelve. I strolled lazily to my luggage to grab my towel and clean clothes and walked into the bathroom afterwards.

                      ☞︎︎︎☞︎︎︎☞︎︎︎☞︎︎︎☞︎︎︎

I was walking past the senior school teacher's staff block when I sighted miss Bolanle. It was the Monday after our C.A test and I was on my way to the seniors block.

I could sight students walking to their classrooms in cliques as the morning assembly was over. I would have arrived at school earlier but I overslept.

I was surprised, I overslept.

The look of awe my mum had when she found out I was still asleep by six am was priceless.

I was grateful to Irene. Somehow whatever it was that she did that successfully took me to the dreamworld worked ever since that night.

I followed miss Bolanle into the staff block though I was way behind. The reason I did that, I wasn't sure but I just did.

Seconds later, I was standing in front of her office. How I knew it was her office, it had her name boldly inscribed on a plate like furnished metal.

Two knocks and her voice came out. "Come in." Even her voice sounded grumpy and I was beginning to have second thoughts about going in.

Taking in a breath, I pushed the door open and her gaze landed my tall frame. She scowled.

Scratch that, the scowl she originally had on her face deepened and she pulled her thick black rimmed glasses off. "What do you want?"

"Good morning to you too miss." I dropped on one of the chairs right in front of her.

"I asked a question Theodore."

I bobbed my head to the side causing a large amount of my rich curls fall over my eyes. "I heard you. I came to see my photography teacher."

"Why would you come to see me?" She asked narrowing her eyes at me.

Shrugging, I picked up a black pen from her table and fiddled with it subconsciously.

"Put that down you spoilt brat."

Holding my hands to my chest, I gasped dramatically feigning hurt. "Me? A spoilt brat?"

She rolled her eyes and my gaze followed that movement subconsciously. "Aren't you all? All students of Claret High School are just children of wealthy and influential people and most of all, are spoilt brats."

The smile on my face disappeared. Watching as she ratted out all those words, I saw that it wasn't just her being extremely grumpy all the time, she seemed sad, regretful even.