Chapter 16

IRENE

I was taking quiet strides towards the door. It was Monday and I wanted to have a great day and week ahead and that was why I was technically tip toeing so I would get out of the house without calling attention to myself from my mum and her boyfriend.

Surprising how he packed his things into our house during the weekend and is now living with us and sharing my mum's matrimonial bedroom with her.

"Hey Irene. Your mum and I have been looking for you."

Screw you!

Your mum and I. Pfft. I mentally scoffed and turned to him with a scowl on my face but he had a smile on. A pretty one at that, with deep dimples and for a second, it reminded me of the boy I had met at Jade's party. Kaycee.

But this dude in front of me was just so muscular with bulging biceps and six pack abs through his fitted tank top. He was in one word, Dashing. But there was something I couldn't understand, he seemed much younger than my mum and watching them together, they seemed to be so in love and I found it disturbing.

"You can stop staring now. I know I'm good looking and all but your mum's not gonna like that." He said with a coy smile and my cheeks heated up in embarrassment. I was staring hard.

I snorted loudly and he chuckled. "Demilade, come over for breakfast."My mum called and I sighed and walked towards the table with Mayowa behind me.

Taking a seat at the dining table, I watched mum and Mayowa kiss and I scrunched my face in disgust. Get a room fellas!

The atmosphere at breakfast was light and we ate breakfast in silence. As soon as breakfast was over, I sprinted out to the car and got in.

"Good morning Irene." Mr Sunday greeted. "Morning." I responded cheerily. I was happy that morning, really happy.

I spent my evening the previous day at TY's with TY and Ola. That was how bad I wanted to be out of the house. As much as I wasn't interested in the show they were watching, I stayed with them.

Long story cut short, they hugged in excitement when Laycon was declared the winner of the Big brother show and afterwards, they kissed.

They kissed!

It felt like they were lost in their own world as they barely acknowledged by presence as they kissed passionately. I was shocked at the intensity at which their gazes held afterwards.

Ola is so going to get teased by me today. I thought as my smile deepened. The drive to school was a short one as half the time, I was thinking of how to bring Ola and TY together.

"We're here." Mr Sunday said and I got down and started making my way to the love garden as it wasn't time for assembly yet.

"Irene!" A high pitched voice called and I groaned mentally. I knew who that was. It was a girl in my set who had the idea that we were buddies even after so many hint I had given her to prove otherwise.

"Hi." I managed to say with a smile as she got to where I was standing. "Good morning." She said all smiles and pulled me into a hug which made me feel she was being to forward but then, she was only a sweet girl with positive vibes.

"How are you?" She asked grinning. "I'm fine." I simply replied her. "Where's Theodore?" She asked looking around.

Sorry?

"How should I know?" I asked. "He's your friend. It's possible you have a clue to where he could be." She said and I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'm coming from home. I don't know where he is. It's not like we live together or something. Felicia, be guided please."