Chapter 28

IRENE

I was seated in a large red chair. After about two hours of face beat and hair treatment, I was ready for the shoot.

"Pop out that hip." The photographer instructed and I did just that. "Yes, like that. Oh I like that."

He took several shots as I changed my poses at intervals.

"Finally, the boss is here." I whipped my head to the side as the photographer said that whilst hanging his Camera on his neck.

Following the direction of his gaze, my eyes landed on a girl probably my age or a bit older. Hispanic I guessed.
A frown dented my perfectly made up face. I looked behind her to see if there was an older person but there wasn't anyone behind her.

"How's the shoot going?" The girl asked as she sank into a chair beside the photographer with a clipboard in her left hand.

I watched as the photographer rushed to show her the photos we had taken. "She's really good." He said to her and she nodded.

"She's Irene, of course she knows what to do." Crossing her legs gently, a small frown etched her brows and disappeared as soon as it came. It was as though it never came.

"We're going to be needing green contacts." She said nonchalantly and it was my turn to frown.

"Excuse me?"

She got up and walked to the end of the room and plopped herself against the wall. "I'll rephrase my sentence. You're going to be putting on green contacts."

My frown deepened. "I don't wear contacts. I never have." Was my crisp reply and the look on my face was telling her off.

"There's always a first time for everything Irene. I'm certain green would accentuate your curves and lips."

What? Accentuate my curves and lips? How on earth would just a pair of contact lenses do that?

"I'm not wearing them." I said dismissively, in a tone that screamed end of discussion but I was met with the surprise of my life when she uttered her next words.

"You've been paid Irene so you have to do it." And may I mention that she said it so calmly that it irked me to the bone marrow.

"If you wanted a miss emerald eyes, you should have hired a model with green eyes. How hard could that be?" I was fuming and I knew I had to calm down. My anger was a time bomb and once it had reached it's peak, I'd blow up and things wouldn't go well.

She took long annoying strides and stopped abruptly stroking her jaw. "True, but I wanted a black model with green eyes." She turned to face me with a smirk.

"There's always Shade Onam and a few others." I was already getting uncomfortable in the dress I had on. I also noticed that all the workers were silent.

The entire working area was silent that a pin drop could be heard clearly. It was as though the workers knew that two time bombs would create a massive explosion.

The look on her face was priceless, I had won and wiped away her smirk. "It doesn't matter now, I've already paid you."

Who put this kid in charge?

With the last ounce of patience and tolerance left in me, I spewed out those words I knew I'd regret later on.
"Get it over with."

A look of fulfilment replaced her gloomy look and I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes. Too bad Eugenia wasn't able to watch our little drama. I had her stay back to rest. She was up all night attending to my emails and was exhausted.