Chapter 31

THEODORE

Things were absolutely back to normal when we got back to Abuja. Tony and Dayo returned to their lives leaving me with our parents and the workers at home.

My relationship with my personal maid was what it had always been, school work set in, hanging out with the guys became a normal thing and so did calling Irene to check up on her.

We were all seated in the classroom after our English class. It was a Saturday and we were in school for Saturday lessons. Since it was a weekend, we didn't have much classes.

Only a few teachers were still in the school premises but the reverse was the case for the students. The whole SS3 population was still present.

It seemed like every single person dressed to kill as weekend classes was the only chance given to the students to showcase their fashion sense.

I recalled the expression on Toby's face when I told him about how I walked in on Michael and Amy making out at one of the bathroom stalls at the Club.

I had just ended my conversation with Matthew and I wanted to use the restroom. I walked into the main restroom only to see my cousin getting sexual with my brother's friend.

I quietly exited the place and even then, they did not know I had seen them. I wasn't surprised as I knew their flirting at the booth would most likely end up there.

I had been thinking of Toby of recent. I missed him so much. Just in two days of knowing him, I had gotten so used to him that I couldn't go a day without mentioning his name.

But I didn't just miss him, I was bothered about him too and always said prayers for him. I prayed that he'd be relieved of whatever it was he was going through.

We had spoken about three times after we left Grandpa's home and we always ended our conversations with Yara, the mystery girl.

I had gotten to know more about her and I was totally convinced that he was smitten by her even though he denied it anytime I made mention of it.

Sounds of commotion could be heard from outside the class. I was still trying to unravel the reason behind it when Jaja screamed. "Irene is back!"

That was pretty much the reason everywhere was so rowdy.

She walked into the classroom looking so elegant with her manger, Eugenia beside her. Eugenia sent a small wave my way and I returned it.

I watched Irene as she smiled at the compliments our classmates made. She looked simple yet stunning in her black thin strapped body con dress.

Eugenia whispered something into Irene ears and I knew what it was because immediately her eyes made contact with mine.

Honey brown orbs alluring yet unsettling. I held her gaze for as long as it could take to take in her serene features and then I smiled.

She smiled back and I couldn't just get over it. Her smile was completely mesmerizing, I would say it again that it was no wonder she was a hot cake in the modeling world.

The other guys walked up to her and I took that as an opportunity to slip out. I wanted to receive fresh air. I felt so weird seeing Irene after telling her almost everything that went down at Grandpa's place.

I called her during the week and we spoke over the phone for almost three hours. I was totally regretting it now. I wasn't thinking when I did so, over excitement cocooned me.

I told her even about my conversation with Grandpa and how he gave his full support in the career I had chosen, law.

I told her everything I could possibly remember from that trip except one thing, Lucia and the incident from two years ago.