Chapter 53

THEODORE

Your time is up, Mayowa.

I thought as a smile made its way to my lips. The party was now in full swing. My primary assignment was to keep a close eye on Mayowa and that was what I did. I watched as he excused himself from his wife and headed towards the gate. I followed up at a reasonable distance.

He was communicating with the guards in charge and I knew something was up, it wasn't so right. My eyes met that of one of his guards and I nodded. One of our men who was recruited as one of the guards for the event.

After my conversation with Osaze, we devised a plan and that was what we planned on executing. I told Kazeem about everything and he suggested we told it to the police which at first, I thought was a bad idea because we had no evidence.

We ended up telling the police and we now have to prove it to them. Some of the policemen applied to work as guards at the event to go undercover. I found it a bit suspicious that Mayowa was in charge of all the guards. I also got to know that he changed the security system in the house. Now that was fishy.

While the policemen applied to work as guards at the event, Kazeem joined Osaze and I in getting tech tools we could use to execute our plan ready while the rest of the guys planned how exactly we would do what we had to do.

With the help of Kazeem's friends from school and the tech guys at the police station, we were able to get small cameras that we could wear to the event without anyone suspecting and also connected the cameras to a screens in the DPO and commissioner's offices respectively.

While I had my own camera on the bow tie I wore, Osaze had hers on her glasses, in between both lenses and the rest of the guys had theirs in various places. The reason we all stood away from each other was so the footage that would be watched at the police station would be from different angles.

I walked a little closer to the chocolate fountain close to where Mayowa was addressing the security men and tapped on my earbud gently so we could all hear what he was saying to them. The earbuds we wore were in the colour nude and they were very small that it wasn't noticeable.

We all had the tiny earbuds so we could communicate properly.

"Bring the car close to the house in thirty minutes time and make sure she's unharmed," He started and I looked at Desmond and he nodded, they all heard it.

"Be careful, I don't want you all to mess things up for me." He said. "Am I understood?"

"Yes sir." Was their chorus response and I picked a small plate and pretended I was trying to get some chocolate. He walked past me and headed to the front.

"We have to act, fast," I said. "Everyone, stick with your primary assignments. Please do not get distracted, he's bringing someone in and there's every chance that it's Ivory." I said and walked away from the chocolate fountain.

Our men had been given orientation days before the wedding on what and what to do so it was quite easy for us to plan along with them. So dumb of Mayowa.

I watched as Mayowa placed a kiss on his Wife's cheeks and she blushed.

If only she knew.

The wedding games began and ended and there was still no signal from our men that were recruited into Mayowa's mini army.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Irene wipe away tears from her face and walked into the house. It was probably because of how in love Mayowa and her mum looked as they had their first dance as a married couple. Oh how I wanted to go after her, hug her so dearly and kiss away the tears but I knew better than that, I had a lot to do.