Mated To The Dragon- Ch 18

A/N: I'm just looking through all the chapters and I see that...I was inspired to do this book for a while, and I started it on August 7, 2014.

It is now January 22, 2015. It takes time and patience to put ordinary thoughts into extraordinary words, and we can now see that considering that this book has been going for five months so far. Many of you have stuck with me the whole way, and for that, I am here to give you the chapter several of you have been waiting for. Thank you all for everything, and may I present you with:

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Eighteen

They did not even have to say anything to make the moment special. Just being within each other's presence after everything that had happened was good enough. Dargon held her openly, something he no longer had to only 'wish' to do. She was wrapped up in his warmth, her head laying on his chest, just so she was able to feel his steady breathing; listen to the sound of his heartbeat.

The heartbeat that assured her that this wasn't a stupid dream.

That it was real.

She snuggled closer, wanting him to hold her tighter. His broad arms remained the same, if anything, they were loosening. Slowly, he pulled back to look at her. She glanced up, and their eyes met. "I'm sorry Scarlet." He apologized. 

She frowned. "Stop."

"Stop?"

"Yes. Stop. Do not apologize." The words hurt more than she would have liked, but that was understandable. After all, the last time she heard the word "Sorry," coming out of Dargon's mouth, it was in her dream, and that was when he rejected her. Her heart suddenly twitched within her body, as if skipping a needed beat. Her current frown deepened. What if that wasn't a dream? What if sometime in the future, Dargon really decided to leave her? Where would that put her? 

Back in the Omega's position, or somewhere dead? Scarlet understood that the Dragons were hated all over, but couldn't they understand he wasn't like his ancestors? Couldn't they understand that he was different from the others, and he would never do something like that to them now?

A thumb traced over her furrowed eyebrows, smoothing them out. "What are you thinking about?" He asked softly.

"N-nothing." She looked away.

"Scarlet . . ."

She took a deep breath. "I had a dream about you. I had a dream that you had rejected me, and it had me feeling good when I woke up, because I was happy that it wasn't real . . . but then it really got to me, Dargon. Especially after you never came back after you promised me that you would!" She began. His eyelids lifted as she rambled on. "And then you made it worse after saying sorry because it made me think about what happened in the dream. You rejected me, Dargon . . . I thought you loved me and you just threw me to the side . . ."

"Scarlet . . ." He tried to speak, but was interrupted. "And then atop of that . . . Maria told me about how the Shifters and the Cold-Bloods hate the dragons, and how if they ever found out you were still alive, they would kill you, and even kill me,"

"Scarlet-"

"I don't want you to die, Dargon. don't want to die . . . I have been through so much my whole life . . . and then a miracle occurred . . . you . . . and now she is saying that I am going to lose you when I just fo-"

"Scarlet!" He put his hand over her mouth, and the rest of her fast-paced words were cut off into a hushed mumble as her lips were secured.

Her olive green eyes wavered with tears as she stared at him. She was overwhelmed with emotions, and because they were bound together, her mood was washing over him roughly. He sighed. "Scarlet, please, please, please, listen to me when I say this. Dragons are not like Werewolves. We never reject our Bounders unless death separated us, and even then, we will fight to the very depths of Hell to protect one another. What happened was mere accident Scarlet. I never meant for you to get hurt, and I was so ashamed that I couldn't pull myself to come back, but I felt everything you felt, my love. I felt your anger, your sadness, and I felt the mixed emotions that conquered you a few hours ago. That was how Maria and I found you . . . but don't you ever," His bold eyes flashed. "For one minute think I don't love you, because that is far from the truth. I want you to know all of this because I care. There is no reason for someone as beautiful as you to feel so broken and frustrated." He whispered, moving his hand from her mouth to her face.

"Dargon . . ." Before she could reply, she was pulled against him. His lips connected with hers with a force she had never discovered, since he had been so restraining before. Now, it seemed as if he wasn't holding back. She whimpered, kissing him back.

It lasted for a while, before he finally gave her a moment to breathe. Her breaths were ragged, and her lips felt swollen. 

"I will never stop loving you, Scarlet. You are mine, and I am yours. Trying to contain my love would be as hard as letting you go, which is also something else I do not plan on doing. I won't leave you, love. Not now, not ever."

"Promise . . .?" She whispered. He leaned forward, and she took a large breath, already foreseeing his actions.

"I promise," He said, before pressing his lips back against hers.