Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 27

A/N: Who's ready for Chapter Twenty-Seven? :3
~PROCEED TO READ~
<33

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Twenty Seven

"Ouch," Scarlet hissed, squeezing her eyes shut when Maria pressed the cold cotton swab, damp with the Betadine solution, to one of the fresh, discolored wounds at her hip. She'd helped her strip down to her bra, lent her a pair of shorts, patted down the rest of her wounds with the liquid, and wrapped her up so she'd heal quicker. This was the last area left.

Even though Sin was the person he was, Maria loved him. She loved him knowing his past, knowing what he'd done to Scarlet, knowing how he felt about her and how he'd treated her just moments before, but she knew she could no longer sit around letting him harm the poor girl more than he'd done. His addiction to seeing her weep and scream had gone overboard.

She'd grown very close to the omega. Maria knew she was as just in the wrong as Sin was though, by not taking action years ago. She didn't want to dawn on it any longer. She knew it was her duty to keep this expecting she-wolf away from Sin and safe from the pack.

Dargon . . . Would probably never return. She knew from day one that Sin was the one who'd left that note. That there wasn't anymore dragons. That Dargon had been tricked . . . And she let it happen.

As she applied bandaging to the badly bruised area, she inhaled, and looked up at Scarlet. "There you are . . ." The girl's face . . . Didn't look good to say the least.

Maria quickly averted her eyes elsewhere, and got up, turning around to trash the cotton swab. "All done."

"Thank you," Scarlet quietly said, masking the agony and restraining a groan as she pulled herself up on the bed. They were in the pack house. It was located a small distance away from base. It was where they had their cookouts and celebrations. Scarlet was only ever allowed to go in when it was to clean up the aftermath of joyous parties, or wash the hundreds of dishes that had been used by the other members.

The Luna had treated her to her very own room, something she'd never had before. She'd slept outside almost every day of her life. She'd forgotten what a bed even felt like.

In the back of her mind she wondered if in her absence Alpha Sin had appointed a new wolf as Omega to become the pack's maid. Or if they'd finally learned to clean up after themselves.

"Are you hungry?" Maria asked, sitting at the end of the bed.

"No," Scarlet shook her head. She wasn't in the mood for eating.

"Are you thirsty?"

"No," She didn't want anything to drink yet.

"Do you feel alright?"

Scarlet caught her gaze, and Maria, eyelids falling, moved to stare down into her lap. Of course she didn't. "I apologize. For Sin's behavior. He ca-"

"Am I ever going to see Dargon again?"

The question was so sudden, Maria had to process it first. " . . . I hope so." Was all that she could respond with. "With you being pregnant and all . . ."

Pregnant.

It wasn't that Scarlet had forgotten such a big announcement, she just couldn't wrap her head around it. She was in complete denial. She felt like the same old girl. She didn't feel pregnant. Or was it she just didn't feel like she was capable of being a mom?

Scarlet shivered. The word, the M word. It was hard to even think it . . . Why would the Moon Goddess give her a child? What was she supposed to do with a infant? She didn't know what to do with a baby. Sure, she'd watched over the pups before, but they weren't hers. And the mothers never liked the idea of even leaving their young with her. Scarlet would always imagine that one of the little pups had come from her womb. She knew that at their age, they didn't know what hate was. They hadn't yet reached that learning stage to which the parents would raise them to believe nonsense about her.

So while they were so precious and small, Scarlet felt acceptance and peace. They adored her and she adored them. But sadly, the pups never stayed that way for long. It was hard to see the litters she'd basically raised from birth, turn on her. She felt so scared. She'd never been in the position of pregnancy. She didn't even look the part, her stomach was still flat. No signs of such a thing had showed yet.

How did Maria know she was pregnant? Maybe she'd only said it to get Sin off of her. But if that were the case, she wouldn't have just mentioned her needing Dargon in the life of her and their unborn . . .

The girl accepted that this was just apart of Maria's gift. The werewolf community knew she was blessed with a sixth sense. She knew a lot of things others didn't, before they did.

"How is this possible, Maria?" Scarlet whispered.

"Well . . . When two people . . . Love each oth-"

"That's not what I mean . . ." Her face grew flushed, and she heated up. "I mean . . . If Dargon and I are of two differing species, what is our baby supposed to be? Wolf . . . Or dragon?"

Maria wondered the same thing. She'd never witnessed a situation like theirs. She'd heard of it before, moons ago. But she had no first-hand knowledge on what would become of the creature that was slowly growing in Scarlet's stomach. Maria even worried that she wouldn't reach full term. She'd suffered just enough hits to her stomach that the fetus could very well . . .

No. Maria knew what it was like to lose a child. She didn't even want to think of that nightmare happening to Scarlet. "I don't know. I'm sorry, dear . . . Look, you've been through a lot today," She got up, and glided to her side of the bed. "Please rest. And we'll talk when you wake up,"

Scarlet didn't protest when Maria helped her to comfortably lay back down. As she would have done to her daughter, she kissed her forehead, and pulled the covers over her. "Sleep well,"

Scarlet watched her walk to the doorway, flip the light switch off, and leave the room; closing the door behind her. Maybe this was exactly what Scarlet needed - rest. She closed her eyes, unknowingly put a hand over her the bandages of her stomach, and whispered a prayer of safety and protection for her mate before drifting off.

*******

A/N: Chapter 27 completed! Please help support this book by giving it a like, leaving a comment, or sharing it to your friends.

And if you enjoy what I do(for all the new readers), follow me and receive a notification with each update!

Love you all!

Smooches,

LadyGaara