Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 8

A/N: Dedications:

kittycat123meow

SailorSandra

milovepocki

blackmoon1031

Skylarityon22

Faithofthewolf (For voting for both this and all of my other books including Two Hearts, One Love and Trans-Species before I deleted it due to lack of reads)

Thank you guys for all of the votes. So may I present you with, *Drum roll* Chapter Eight!

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Eight

Scarlet ever so quietly pawed forward. Her claws dug into the thick dirt.

The tall grass provided shelter for the hunt; her hunt. This was a rare opportunity. The Luna let her out to feed.

For herself!

She refused to let this go to waste. She was going to eat, and eat, and eat until her stomach was so bloated she could barely see her feet.

She made sure to strip out of the dress and neatly fold it before shifting. She carefully tucked the gown within a group of bushes that had been covered with blossomed white flowers. It was well hidden and both shades of white merged together to a point where it was almost invisible.

Now, she had to focused on catching her prey, which consisted of a baby white-tailed doe that had stray too far from it's herd.

Scarlet had been watching the young she-deer for a while. She looked so lost, which morphed her feelings slightly.

Shaking away the emotion of pity, her eyes dilated to see better. All traces of her human self had descended and her wolf took over.

Scarlet flattened her ears against her head. The action closed off her hearing a little, but now she didn't need it.

She was no less than twenty feet from the abandoned doe. In a matter of seconds, she would have it within her paws.

The single thought caused her mouth to water with anxiety. She licked her lips, a harsh pant escaping her once sealed mouth.

The small deer locked gazes with the ferns she was hidden in, her white dipped tail swishing at the sound.

Scarlet went lower, regretting her impatience. The deer refused to look away for an entire minute, unblinking, before it resumed it's munching on the edible grass below. It's ears were perked, it's body stiff and on edge.

The Omega stepped up when she saw that the doe was beginning to move further away from her. As soon as her tail was faced towards her, Scarlet's medium sized body lunged into action.

Her prey instantly began running as if sensing her the whole time. Her hooves thumped against the dirt in a rhythmic way in attempts to outrun the wolf, but hooves were nothing compared to paws.

Scarlet was gaining up on the deer, her tongue clamped within her mouth. She felt like a sleek cheetah, but what angered her was the fact that the baby was just as fast as she.

Scarlet forced herself to move faster; light muscles flexing through the short fur.

The deer was getting away. She was faster.
No, Scarlet thought in determination.

She shook her body, her hunger growing to it's extent, pushing her to move her paws to match that of the doe's.

Just a little more.

Al-most . . . there . . .

Ten feet.

Eight feet.

Five feet.

Four.

Three.

She was too close to give up now, even though her weak body was aching and begging for her to stop. She couldn't.

She wouldn't.

A new power overcame Scarlet as she recalled Maria's earlier words: I've longed for a strong daughter like you.

Locking in on the fleeing food before her, she cocked back; her hind legs bending and folding with her front paws.

Scarlet leaped forward.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

You could hear both of their heartbeats. In the end, Scarlet was the one to succeed.

Her dagger-like claws dug into the thick flesh of the young deer's flank.

It released a pained cry, one that didn't effect Scarlet in the slightest. The deer was pulled back, her hind skidding in the dirt. Both rolled in soil from the impact.

The deer dug it's sharpened hooves into Scarlet's underbelly. The Omega bit down on her neck, securing her below her body as another howl of suffer broke through, ringing in her perked ears. Slowly, it faded down to a strange gurgling, and then, nothing.

Success.
==================================

A/N: I must admit this was more of a filler chapter but I couldn't keep you waiting for that long, so please vote :)