Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 19

A/N: Hai hai!! Miss me? Or did you just miss my updates XD Whichever it is, I'll do (almost) anything to please my readers, so here ya go!

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Nineteen

~A week later~

Things were going so well for them. It had been the best days Scarlet experienced. Her childhood was spent in fear, and when she was forced into their cruel pack at the age of eight, things had only gotten worse. Some of the beatings she received were for nothing but pure enjoyment. They loved to see her scarred and bloody on the ground. After Dargon came, things took a lighter turn. For so long she thought she was cursed.

Cursed to an eternity in darkness and despair. She was told she would never get a mate. Who would want her? They asked aloud. Who would want to be mated to that "pathetic, worthless, mistake"?

No one, as they had told her in between rough strikes. So how did she end up as lucky as to have a mate like Dargon?

"Stop," He whispered, pushing her hair behind her ear. She looked up at him, tilting her head in confusion. Her hair, which was once short, was slowly growing, and was now a few inches below where it used to be.

"Stop what?"

"That face, Beloved."

Beloved. A smile appeared on her face, for the past day or two he had nicknamed her his beautiful Beloved, and no matter how many times he said it, it still managed to make invisible butterflies come alive in her tummy and have her smile. "What face?"

"You know what face. I know your expressions. You always make a certain face when you start to think about the past, and I don't like that." He admitted. She pursed her lips. She had forgotten that today was their seventh day together. Of course he had learned the faces she made when she zoned out.

"W-what do you mean . . . ?"

"You smile a little when you think about us."

She scoffed. "I could be thinking about food . . . What makes you think its us?" She asked in a teasing-tone.

"You stare dead at me."

Blushing, Scarlet adverts her gaze over to the side. It was true. She always smiled when she thought of something happy, despite the situation, and right now, he was the only thing that made her happy. That and the fact her pack left her alone.

"But when you think about . . . What happened, you frown. Your eyebrows furrow. Your eyes squint, almost as if you are playing the visuals over in your head." He said gently, hitting all the points with facts.

She sighed. "I will never forget what happened back then. It will always come back. I'm content now though . . . In fact, I'm delighted. You are here with me. And you aren't leaving. That makes me even happier." She smiled again, and leaned up, pecking him on the lips before snuggling up to his warm chest.

He wrapped his arms around his body, too ashamed to reply to that. Too ashamed to tell her that the previous night, he received a message from an unknown sender at the entrance of the cave, giving him the whereabouts and leadings to more of his species.

He was curious. Very curious. He kept the excitement contained, but at the moment, he had no words.

How was he supposed to tell her that he was going to do the thing she feared, even if it was for only a couple of days?

How was he supposed to tell her that he was going to leave . . . ?