Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 41

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Forty One

"A vampire." Scarlet growled, her arms sheltering her stomach.

"Yes, but I'm not like the others. Please believe me," Nicola repeated, this time more sincere - softer.

"I don't want to be here," Scarlet said, shaking her head, yet the female was before her in the beat of a heart, her cold hands cupping Scar's face to look into her eyes. "Will you listen to me before you judge so swiftly?"

Scar froze, staring at her.

"I haven't been amidst others of my kind in over a decade! I left my old Clan. I came here, to make a living . . . Of course I'm still a little naive and I have my fun here and there. That's why the humans don't like me. They can't handle such an eccentric soul," She grinned, and her fangs glistened like pointed daggers in the sun. "But I've known Dargon since his birth, and far before that." She released the girl's face. "His father and I . . . We were once a . . . Thing."

"You were with his dad . . .?"

"Yeah, yeah. A vampire and a dragon, what a pair." She rolled her eyes and smiled again. "But it didn't last long. Davick found his Bounder."

Scarlet's heart throbbed. She couldn't imagine falling in love with a man just for him to discover his true love. She shook off all minor thoughts of Sin, where such a case of love never existed at that time.

At this moment, Nicola looped her arm through Scar's, and Dargon stepped back, pleasantly surprised she was able to rear her off her doubts so subtlety. "Luckily, vampires are pretty used to watching people die or leave them in their life. Living for an eternity and all that good stuff." She joked so freely, as if there wasn't a part of her that was pained by it. "So when Davick came across Elise, I was happy to step out of his way. I never lost contact though. I stayed around to witness all their beautiful milestones. Stayed around through her pregnancy. Watched Dargon come into this world," She laughed. "He was a big one."

Scar looked behind her to see Dargon trailing after them. And he smiled at her. Nicola played a huge part in his life. Even with his family and species gone, he knew that here, among all the pure people, he could find Her. She was like a second Mom to him. The one that never aged, that is.

"Dargon looks just like his father, I think he would have liked you." She said. "Tell me, though . . . How did you two meet? What brought the wolf and the dragon together?"

Scarlet remembered all of it. An incident that would never slip her mind. She smiled, and began to relay the events that led up to her meeting the best thing that ever happened to her as Nicola took her to the room of which they would see their child for the first time.

***

A/N: ~And So The Lion Fell In Love With The Lamb~

I had too. XD

~This chapter was completed at 10:11 AM~

This section is not as long as the previous one, but I wanted to go ahead and get it published despite not reaching my 35 like goal because its a connecting chapter between the last and the next. Scar would never trust Nicola dealing with anything regarding her baby IF they didn't have this act of opening up and settling into a comfort zone.

Like this chapter if you made it to the end! <3
Comment your thoughts, I enjoy seeing all those wonderful comments! <3
Follow me if you want to be notified for further updates!
Share this story to your fellow friends!