Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 7

Dedications-

Sailorsandra

milovepocki

Thank you for being the first two to comment on my book!

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Seven

"- and I thought that allowing him to cover my scent would keep me hidden from everyone's detection." Scarlet said. "But I guess it wasn't strong enough for you . . ."

She bowed her head. Maria stared at her thoughtfully, allowing an eerie silence to take place.

"Most shifters assume that the Alpha has the greatest nose, when in reality, it's the Luna that counts." She finally said after a while.

Scarlet gazed up at her Alpha's mate through her eyelashes. "How?" She wondered softly.

Maria's icy blue eyes locked into Scarlet's green ones. Even if the the girl tried to look away, it would be nearly impossible.

It was like going outside on a sunny day, and admiring the lush green.

Then, you stare.

Stare into absolutely nothing but see everything, unable to pull your eyes away as your thoughts drift off.

Scarlet saw every aspect of Maria's beauty, and even noticed her lips part as she began to speak once more, her angelic voice spanning out to answer Scarlet's question.

"How?" Maria repeated the girl's inquiry. She finally freed her by adverting her eyes elsewhere.

"Well, there are four layers for the pack's scent, strength, and intelligence. The pack members themselves are at the bottom. They have certain nerves that alert them when they feel a threat is near, but they cannot detect a far-away danger.
The Alpha is second to bottom, and the Luna is third. While the Alpha worries about the safety of his pack, and how to protect them, the Luna worries about what there is that she feels they need to be protected from. Do you understand?" Maria asked.

Scarlet processed her words, and gave a soft nod of the head. "I think I understand . . . but you said there were four layers; while you only listed three . . ."

"The fourth layer, is you Scarlet." She said. Once more, the girl succumbed to a wave of shock.

"Me?" She whispered.

"Yes, you; the Omega." She replied.

Scarlet looked down. Right, the Omega, that's all I am.

A warm finger lifted her chin up. Scarlet was for the second time trapped in the captivating blue of her intense stare. "You have no idea how strong you are, how smart you are. Scarlet, you tower above me."

Every compliment sent Scarlet's stomach fluttering with a staggering jolt of surprise.

Maria's plump lips pulled into a smile. "Everything that has been done to you has made you a better person. A better - wolf." She released her chin. "When you were retelling the story of your . . . expedition with him . . . you said that you were the only one who seemed to smell the bloody scent of the beast, am I right?"

Scarlet's nose pulled up slightly at the way her Luna spoke of him, but she nodded never-the-less.

"Exactly. No one else noticed. Not even I, but when you returned, I immediately noticed something. The scent of him. I thought that he would parish like the last of his kind. But I felt it as well. I felt another mating going on within the pack. I was quite surprised when I realized it were you who had been bound to the dragon though."

Scarlet felt a question prick at her with every new sentence Maria spoke. Though it burned to disregard her curiosity, she forced herself to stay quiet.

"I suggest you keep this between us, Scarlet. You mustn't tell anyone what you feel towards the beast."

That shouldn't be too hard, Scarlet thought.

"Sin is coming. Go hunt." She ordered.

"For the pack?" Scarlet asked softly once Maria pushed her to her feet. Her body was numb from sitting too long, and she stumbled on the ends her new dress, but quickly caught her balance.

"No, for yourself. I'm afraid that if you don't eat anything you may vanish into thin air." Maria answered with an amused smile. Scarlet didn't hesitate to scamper out of the cave. Her hands gripped the sides of the flowing gown to keep from tripping.

Maria mumbled something. It was soft, and Scarlet was sure that the sentence was meant for the Luna herself, but she had picked up on it.

Her hunger disappeared upon hearing the lovely words, but before she could turn around, she saw Sin.

Taking a detour left to avoid him, she noted that she had to later talk to Maria about it, but for now, her growling stomach reminded her that she had to eat.

Such words would warm anyone's heart. Scarlet was overjoyed that they were directed for her.

===============================

A/N: Vote <3