Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 28

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Twenty Eight

"Mmm, you feel so nice, Scarlet . . ."

Scarlet inhaled deeply, and hugged his arm closer to her. She felt so at peace. So happy. As Dargon spooned her backside, she smiled. "I've missed you so much . . . I was so worried, Dargon." She closed her eyes tightly. "I thought . . . I . . . I thought . . ." She couldn't even get her words out, so she merely brought his hand up and kissed it. "I love you . . ."

"I love you more . . ." He nuzzled into her hair, and sat up on his elbow. "So much," He carefully turned her on her back, and lowered his lips to her neck.

"Oh," She bit her bottom lip. It'd been so long since he'd been here to kiss her. His warm lips on her skin made her tummy flutter. He went down slowly, to her breasts. "Dargon," She squealed, arching her back. His low chuckle assured her he knew exactly what he was doing to her. He went further down, his hands grazing down the bandages of her sides softly. He dropped a kiss over her bellybutton. "I can't believe our baby is in there, Scarlet . . . I can't believe I'm going to be a father," He came back up, and caught her lips in an intense, passionate kiss.

Eyes still closed, Scarlet's slender arms slid around his neck and her hands grasped his thick hair.

When they finally separated, he covered her face in kisses and drew in closer to her ear. "Who knew that a few minutes of fun could have such a big outcome," His tongue playfully swiped over her earlobe, then he adjusted to lay on her side. Scarlet smiled, and stared up at the ceiling. "We're going to be a family, Dargon . . ."

The doorknob twisted with a small squeak. Looking towards the opposite direction of which her mate was, she stared as the door opened. Maria, smiling hugely, came in. "Congratulations, dear."

A pair of arms circled her waist, and placing his chin over her shoulder was . . .

Dargon . . . ?

Scarlet's eyebrows caved in.

She sat up. "Dargon . . .?" The man behind Maria, Scarlet's man, turned Maria in his arms and dropped his head to connect their lips. Scarlet's heart immediately tightened up, and she choked on a breath.

"Scarlet . . . Baby, what's wrong?" She felt the bed shift down as the male behind her sat up too. He slid his hand over her stomach. She felt nauseated, and terrified. Mustering up her courage, she turned to gaze into the eyes of who was supposed to be her dragon Bounder.

"I love you, Scarlet. You, and My Baby."

Sin smirked.

***

"No!" Scarlet screamed, and shot up in bed. She kicked the sheets and hit the bed post. "No!" She cried again, louder.

Foot steps hurriedly rushed through the hall, and Maria burst through the door. "Scarlet!"

She sobbed and heaved, shaking her head.

Maria ran over, and enveloped the girl in her arms. "Scarlet . . ."

"Get off! Get off! Get off of me! I hate you!"

Though her words stung. Maria only held her closer. "Please, Scarlet . . . Its me . . ." She knew that this had to have been caused by a nightmare.
When reality hit the girl, her flailing halted, but tears streaked down her face. She held Maria - tightly, and in her shirt she cried and cried.

"You're okay now . . ." Maria softly cooed. "Shhh . . . I'm here . . ." Seeing her this way shattered her heart. Listening to her sob made her too want to collapse in tears, but she held the girl and maintained the strong wall of support she knew she needed.

***

"What's wrong with me, Maria . . .?" Scarlet hugged herself, absorbing her Luna's attempt to comfort her.

"Nothing, Scarlet. Nothing is wrong with you. What you are feeling is normal. Its the effects of pregnancy. You're in the early stages, this kind of stuff happens, love. Your hormonal imbalance has been thrown off therefore your feelings are everywhere and that causes strange dreams," She stated, brushing through her hair.

She tried to comprehend her words. Was she saying it was her baby's fault? "Are you sure I'm even pregnant?" Hints of denial still prodded at her.

"Do you not believe me?"

Scarlet moved her arm in a shrug.

"Just wait and see. The average wolf shifter pregnancy is roughly nine weeks. You'll be showing in no time. When did you and Dargon . . . ?"

Scarlet brought her eyebrows in. "I don't remember . . ." She tried to mentally calculate the days, but staying in a cave for the majority of the time didn't help. "Almost two weeks . . . I think . . ."

"You're almost halfway there." She used the brush to pull her hair up. "Clip."

Scarlet straightened her back out, and handed the hair clip that'd she'd be holding for the last few minutes back to Maria, who graciously accepted it and expertly slid it into her hair and clamped it down. "There. Now, the first thing you're going to do is quit starving yourself." Maria got up, and held her hand out for Scarlet. She cautiously pulled her to her feet, heedful of the bruises that still lined her body. "Its not good for the baby, and its not good for you. Even if you don't want to eat you have to keep in mind you're not feeding one anymore." She told her.

"Okay . . ." Scarlet wasn't sure how to feel right now. She only wished Dargon was the one encouraging her to eat for the sake of the baby that was supposingly in her stomach. "Wait . . ."

"What's the matter?" Maria watched her.

"I just . . . Hold on," Scarlet let her hand go, and closed her eyes.

"Dargon . . ." She tried her hardest to stretch the link as far as it could to contact her mate. "Please, Dargon . . . If you get this . . . Tell me . . . I hope you're okay . . . I hope you come back for me . . ."

Breathing in, she opened her eyes. "Alright . . ." Even though she tried to keep her thoughts with what was going on, she knew she had little fight left in her. How was she supposed to be happy and cope with all of this when she didn't know the whereabouts of her other half? What was the good of her finding a reason to live if it was a bittersweet moment that ended all too soon?

*****

A/N: Like this chapter if you made it to the end! <3
Comment your thoughts, I enjoy seeing all those wonderful comments! <3
Follow me if you want to be notified for further updates!

Stay tuned to see how things with Scarlet's pregnancy turns out, and if her mate will return to reunite with his Beloved and discover the news of his unborn, or if her walk through heaven has reached its closure.