Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 40

A/N: Hoping I'll reach those 35 likes before I finish this chapter and get it published. If not, then my graciousness will not cease! <33

Also, seems like just a few chapters ago I was on chapter 30 and now I'm already at 40. O.O
Oh wait, it was a few chapters ago. XD

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Forty

A few days had drifted by. Scarlet's forming belly had blossomed even more as she was now three days past five weeks. About four more weeks to go, it seemed so incredibly close yet so far away . . .

Scarlet recalled what Marlow said. About her wishing Scarlet would die alongside her baby. She didn't tell Dargon, not because she didn't want his Dominant form to consume him and return to her pack, but because as a mother the hardest thing to accept was the idea of losing your child. Scarlet refused to ruin their happiness over the petty words of some childish she-wolf she knew couldn't be trusted. What if it were just mind games? Marlow knew Scar was leaving with Dargon so she was intent to throw something on her mind that she knew would eat at her.

If that were the case, then Scarlet was bigger and better than that. She was at her highest right now. She'd matured from the little, scared, Omega she once was. She was growing into her womanhood, she was the lucky mate of a fantastic Bounder, and soon she would be a mother.

Shifters would throw their life on the line for their offspring. Pregnancy empowered them. After all Scar had been through, she could finally say she felt like something and she wasn't ready to be torn down.

However, just to be sure everything was okay in the womb, she'd spoken with Dargon about getting a checkup. Much to her surprise, Dargon told her he already had everything covered. And today was the day they would receive the ultrasound she'd been so patiently anticipating.

"Are you ready?" He asked, smiling gently at her.

She watched herself in the mirror. The pants she wore were a little baggy, but nothing less of comfortable, and the peach colored blouse was loose over her skin. If she'd heard correctly, Dargon had told her the clothes belonged to his mother. She felt delighted, honored, in fact, to wear something that once belonged to the woman who brought her mate into the world. Yet as she stared at herself she felt unsure. They were about to go outside . . . Where it was full of humans . . . Pure people who's primary species were their main form. She'd grew up around shifters. This was a New experience for her.

"Beloved?" Dargon slowly came up to her, and her eyes flickered up to look at him in the mirror. Had he said something to her before that she didn't catch. "Huh?" She asked.

"I asked if you were ready," His arms slid across her waist, and he held her close to his hard body, both of his hands resting on her stomach through the blouse. The stomach that held his son or daughter. He'd never thought much on a specific  gender. If it were a boy, he'd imagine the little lad would take his features. And if it were a girl his Princess would come out as an identical to his beautiful mate. It sounded like a win-win to him. His main concern was species. Would their child be a werewolf or a dragon? Their were some cases where hybrid children were born taking after the mom's species wholly, and there were some who took the father's species. It all depended on the stronger genetics of the two. Then there were some who came out as both the mother and father combined, not just look wise, but breed wise. Hybrid children used to be frowned upon. They were said to be demons, whom lost touch with the little humanly side of them they obtained and completely submerged into their beastly instincts that they shed havoc on everything and every one they made contact with, to which the parents would be forced to destroy or watch their child be destroyed.