Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 4

Dedications- wolfgurl9599; rockyou1111

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Four

Dragon . . . Dragon . . . Dragon . . .

The word danced through her head repetitively, and the now human male cast Scarlet a sideways glance. He hoped that what he had showed her didn't make the girl fear him as every other person.

He had not yet encountered another one of his species in a very long time, therefore he believed he were the last Dragon alive at this point.

The thought did not appeal to him.

'What a lonely life,'
He thought, bringing his eyes back to his lap.

Scarlet now gazed over at him through her eyelashes, and absorbed his new appearance.

"What's your name?" She asked softly, a hint of distrust elevating her timid tone as she scanned him over.

He had on a plain white shirt that somehow stretched around his solid frame, reflecting more evidence of his strength than necessary, and her eyes darted to his brown, blood stained pants. As for shoes, he wore none.

Scarlet was in a similar fit, for they came from the humans he had slayed, leaving two of the rotting corpses naked.

It was better than nothing.

The clothes were big on her due to the fact it came from the opposite gender, but it covered everything and kept her warm, so she didn't complain.

"Dargon," He suddenly replied, making her murky eyes jump towards him.

Dargon, She played the name over in her head. Scarlet was aware that in that very name, if you switched up the letters a and r, you would get Dragon.

Did that mean something? Was Dargon a special sacred name to the Dragons, or was it pure coincidence?

She rubbed her temples, not wanting to think too much on the subject. Scarlet noted that Dargon didn't talk very much.

She set a tiny breath free, and rose from the dirty ground, where they had been seated for almost half an hour.

"I have to go. I must return to my pack, or they may get . . . worried." She said, lying through her teeth over the last word.

He replied by glancing at her. Dargon wasn't sure if what he was feeling was typical or not, but he didn't want her to go. He wanted to hold her throughout the night, embracing and loving her in every way possible.

The eyesight of his species trampled most of the others, so he saw the marks over her pale skin. Some faint and fading away, others as fresh as the gash on his shoulder. He felt her 'pack members' would be anything but worried, yet he stayed silent.

Dargon looked up towards the sky, trying to pry his mind off of the fact that she were about to go to people who might bruise her beautiful form even more.

He had better control than to jump up, restrict her to a swallowing embrace, and declare she stay with him.

In contrast, the first step Scarlet took away from the young male, felt like a dagger entering her skin. The more they parted, the deeper the blade went, penetrating emotions.

Through the unknown pain, she forced herself to continue. The sun would be up soon, meaning in only a few minutes, her pack would be awakening, and if they got up without seeing their most favorable target, the Alpha would put a dagger through her flesh.

"Goodbye," She whispered, looking back at him.

"Goodbye," He said, a strange strain in his voice. He cleared his throat in attempt to mask it.

Even as Scarlet padded off in her claimed animal counterpart in attempts to beat the sun, both were pretty sure that soon, they would meet again.

===============================

A/N: Please vote <3