Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 21

Mated To The Dragon- Chapter Twenty One

A yawn shook Scarlet's body, and she opened her green eyes - the first sight from her lengthy sleep being Dargon. His perfectly sculpted face presented a grin that warmed her inside. Maria had left only half an hour prior to Scarlet's awakening, as if she knew the girl would be up soon. She'd left a change of clothes for her before she did, knowing that she'd eventually want to get out of the dress that was tinted brown with mud from the occurrence that became of Scarlet out in the rain.

"Hi . . ." His mate whispered, sitting up some in his lap. A groan tried to claw its way out of his throat at the sensation of her body brushing against his lower region. "Hey." He responded in a short breath. Her eyes sparkled. She still couldn't believe this was happening, she still couldn't believe she'd been Mated. After her past with Sin, and assuming he'd really been linked with her, she thought he would be her life. When he used to touch her, he was always so rough and demanding. But Scarlet thought she loved him, so she succumbed to everything he'd do and force her to take part in.

Having Dargon with her, she noted he was always so gentle. Like he didn't want to break her, and she loved that. She adored the passion he expressed, thus she was finally coming to terms with the fact they were destined for one another.

Without putting much thought in her actions, Scarlet rose and locked her arms around his neck, squeezing her eyes shut and burying her face into his neck to breathe in his overwhelming scent. She let out a sigh, and hugged him even tighter. "Never leave me . . ."

And then the lust that was slowly building inside of him subsided into anguish and heartache. He adjusted her body to straddle his hips, and his hands rested on her lower back. "I have something to tell you."

His original plan was to just go, and leave the explaining to Maria, but he couldn't stand the idea of what she'd probably do if he left without notice. He feared the girl would become reckless. He needed to be truthful. He'd rather she be upset with him than be left in the dark and turn into an uncontrollable rollercoaster soon to crash.

"I . . . Have made the decision, to go for a little bit."

Scarlet's grip loosened, and scenes of the nightmare she'd previously had to endure shrouded her brain. "What?"

"Its not permanent, its temporary. I've been wanting to do this for a while, Scarlet . . . As far as I knew, everyone of my species is dead . . ." It was hard to say, but its the sad assumption that had plagued him for years. "Then I got a message . . . And it told me . . . That . . . I'm not alone. And that there are more of my kind out there. I need to know if that's true, Beloved . . ."

"So take me with you!" Getting lost in her emotions, she retracted to grip his face with delicate, soft, feminine, hands. She eyed him, and shook her head. "If not . . . Then . . . Please stay with me . . ."

"No . . . I'm not going to put you in that position. Maria will watch you . . . and in a couple day's time, Ill be back."

"How long before you go?"

"I'm leaving tonight." He told her. Everything in her went cold, and she held back tears.

His eyelids fell, and he simply brought her closer to him. "I love you,"

"I love you too . . ." She murmured, wiping her eyes.

"Oh," Trying to ease the tension some, Dargon moved on to something else. "Maria stopped by. She left you something to put on." He remembered, carefully placing the girl at his side to get up. Scarlet watched his body trail away from her. He bent down to collect the clothes, and turned, scrunching his nose up as he brought it back to her. He was sure it would be better once she put it on, but right now the attire was flooded with Maria's scent, who also shared the smell of Sin. Very unpleasant.