Chapter 41

On the last day, before the penance while she was getting ready.

Bhringu entered inside her cave room suddenly.

She turned around to face him.

An evil smirk marred his face, that had her shuddering where she stood, confusion filled her along with terror her breath hitched, her heart thudded, terror settled in the pit of her stomach like a heavy rock.

Dizziness swept through her making it impossible for her to think straight, she blinked her eyes hard, biting her lip to keep herself awake.

Bhringu chuckled, he knew the poison in her had done its job, only a few hours before she died now.

He had expected her to die sooner, seeing that she was getting poisoned every day, but surprisingly she had lived so long.

His eyes lit with evil intent, good that she survived for so long he can now do as he wished.

After all what could a simple poisoned damsel do?

She was on the verge of dying he might as well take some advantage of her before she is silenced for forever.

"Oh, your highness, why are you shying out today. When all this while when I touched your body you never stopped me. You believed everything I told you didn't you. " He taunted, his voice ringing with arrogance, a laughter sneaked past his lips.

Icy coldness filled her, as the realisation sat heavy on her chest.

Bhringu in his arrogance let the dark magic aura drop that had making her trust him.

He chuckled, as he watched her freeze, her face a mask of shock.

Stupid woman, can’t even bloody protect themselves, he thought as he glared at her.

Hate filled his veins like blood, freezing any piece of humanity he once might have possessed.

Weak stupid woman, good for nothing.

“Your highness? A queen? My foot! You women are meant to be nothing but the vermin that get crushed under the sole of a man’s shoe.

How week can you all be?

And you specially, people call you a queen!

But in all honesty, you are nothing but a whore. A whore to Pandavas, a whore for five men. Who has done nothing, you couldn’t stop the black magic that I weaved around you? Day by day, you drank poison by your own hands, oh you were so damn stupid that you didn’t even know that I killed your child, and you have been carrying his dead body, for seven long days!” He growled the words, his sharp voice grating on Panchaali’s nerves, his words were laced with poison, willing her to die this very instant.

Women were pathetic, bloody good for nothing beings.

Her ears rang, as she stood there frozen.

Her baby?

Her hands travelled to her bump, caressing it.

Tears stung in her eyes; her throat tightened making it difficult for her to swallow.

Pain slithered through her heart, the agony of which was so intense that her knees gave up.

No longer able to hold herself up, tears traced down her cheeks, one after another as she screamed on top of her, trying to ease the agony that had taken residence in her heart.

She screamed, as the pain just intensified in her heart. Making it difficult for her to even think.

She had lost her child, the mere thought of leaving in a world where her child didn’t was too much for her.