Chapter 36

Duryodhan roared in anger throwing the glass across the room, it hit the wall, creating a loud thudding noise that reverberated throughout the room.

Leaving behind nothing but the loud sound, he growled as his eyes glazed around the room. The lavishly decorated room had a huge chandelier resting in the center of the ceiling, a huge dark king size sat in the center of the room with dark sheets, in front of it was a huge sitting area with dark blood red couches and seats.

Beautiful carpets set in the room, there was everything that a person would need, but this didn’t give him pleasure. None of this thing did, what he wanted to see was the death of that agnikanya.

Shakuni sighed as he walked in the room, his gazed at his nephew who was marching back and forth in the room. Shouting in anger, he sighed, this man really had no patience, in his previous life he died because of this foolishness, and in this birth, he will die again if didn’t quit his idiocy.

He walked in, ready to shout at the man in front of him, “Mamashree! What are we doing here?! We were here to take the revenge, but what have we been doing for past seven months? Wasting our bloody time! Why is she still alive! Seeing her alive everyday burns my soul, knowing that the woman who was the reason for the destruction for our lives, is still alive kills me every moment of the life.” He shouted pacing the room, his voice dripped with anger.

Shakuni chuckled, making Duryodhan’s face mar with confusion, “why are you laughing mamashree?” he snapped, “Who said in seven months I have done anything? In these seven months I have done nothing?” Shakuni asked, his face contorting in a dark expression, the temperature in the room seemed to have dropped sharply, as the pressure in the room intensified.

He was vibrating with anger, his eyes darkening with anger, fury burned in his chest like a blaze, threatening to burn away everything and turn everything in ash. His gaze clashed with Duryodhan’s, the darkness in them, the fury in those eyes was so intense that even Duryodhan stumbled back.

“How did you even think that I would sit idly, in these seven months, I have been preparing the pier of death for those six.” He said, menace lacing his words, “People of their Kingdom loved them because they are good kings, but I have managed to alter that fate, the years of hate that in their heart, I have managed to give water to that seed, and now it is a full on grown tree.” He spat,

“What would that achieve us? They are kings mamashree, they can easily control riots.” He pointed the obvious, earning a chuckle from Shakuni, who looked at him, a smile on his face, “oh dear nephew just wait and watch.” He said chuckling, there was no humor in it, only a darkness that threatened to take over. . .

***

The chants of Shri Krishn’s name reverberated throughout the dark cave, that was heating with the burning fire within.

Every part of the cave was set ablaze, fire licked every corner of the cave. The wild and agile fire was burning a man, who stood in the center, his hand raised above his head in a praying motion as his eyes were shut, he continued to chant the name of Krishn.

Not caring about the fire that surrounded him, that threatened to burn him, his face was a mask of concentration, even though searing pain ran through him, burning him from within, a smile appeared on his face, as he continued to chant the name of the lord over and over again.

A bright light filled the room, as all the fire disappeared leaving behind a serene coolness. Krishn stood in front of the man, in his holy form. “Open your eyes Dushasan.” He said, his voice calm, coaxing his devotee to open his eyes.

Dushasan joined his hands in front of him and fell at the feet of Krishn, his head laying on his feet, Krishn smiled down at him.

He was well aware of Dushasan’s intensions for doing this penance, there was nothing hidden from him. His heart thudded in his chest with pain, as the upcoming future had his face turning in solemn expression, the complete and utter destruction waited ahead before a beginning.

“Be blessed.” He blessed Dushasan, who raised his head, his eyes looking up at Krishn. “I know what you want out of this penance Dushasan, but let me warn you here that nothing but destruction be its result.” Krishn warned, his voice ringing with warning, this was his last effort to stop the fate, but who could have ever been able to stop the fate? It always found a way to fulfil what needs to be done.

“I have done my penance Vasudev, you have to bless me with this one wish, that from now on till the next two weeks you won’t be helping the Pandavas and Panchaali in any manner, not one thing. You will abandon them.

As a god you are bound by your dharma to give me one boon. It’s not like I am asking for the impossible, I am not asking for immortality, this is a simple boon. Can’t you give me this one wish. If not for this I don’t want anything else. You may leave.” He said, his voice ringing with arrogance as he looked at Krishn, whose face was an expressionless mask.

“You have no idea what you are asking for Dushasan.” Krishn stated, his voice void of every emotion.
“I know what I want Vasudev.” He said, a smirk on his face.

Dushasan glared at Krishn, he knew Vasudev was just trying to scare him, that was nothing that could stop him from asking for what he want, everything was set according to the plan, he can’t change anything now, he will roll the dice of their death, this will happen.

Krishn’s face was emotionless, there was no sign of any emotion there, nothing.

Fate wanted to play the cruel game once again, he had to play his part, adharm was at its peak and its time for it to get over before the new beginning.

“Tathasthu!” Whispered Krishn before disappearing in thin air, a cruel laughter rang through Dushasan’s lips.

“Pandavas who will save you now.” He whispered before another bout of laughter left his lips.

***
Do Vote And Comment!

***