Chapter 35

Yudhisthir's heart filled with anxiety, as he paced in Nakul's room, his eyes moving to his wife who lay unconscious on the bed.

What might have happened to her?

His stomach churned with worry. Maybe it was nothing serious, maybe she was just tired, or a bit stressed.

The possibilities were various and the uncertainty was driving him crazy.

Nakul and Sehdev sat on one side of the bed, Bheem and Arjun on the other, gazing at her with worry.

Sehdev checked her pulse, while his elder twin continued with his other examination.

"How did she faint?" Bheem questioned, his face marred with a frown while he gazed at her sleeping form.

"She went to check the door while I was removing the clothes from the closet. When I came out she was lay unconscious on the ground. I picked her up and put her on the bed, and ordered the guards to get you all." Nakul explained, his voice though calm, he felt anything but.

Seeing her laying on the ground had almost given him a cardiac arrest, the sharp jolt of concern he felt in that moment was unlike anything.

Yudhisthir's heart thrummed wildly, he had been doing his morning prayers when the guard had come rushing in, informing him about her fainting.

He had rushed down to meet her, seeing her laying unconscious had spun his mind in a hundred different situation.

Being a warrior Yudhisthir had seen hundreds of injuries and sicknesses, deaths even.

Hardly anything shook him, but one news about Panchaali’s fainting and he was submerging in an ocean worry.

His eyes fell on his wife, her face completely calm unlike the inner turmoil that he was feeling.

A silence fell in the room, his eyes focusing on the faces of Nakul and Sehdev, who had an expression of shock on their faces as they looked a each other.

His heart beat froze, as for a moment he quit breathing.

Was something really wrong with her?

Was she in danger?

Worst case scenarios ran through his mind making it difficult for him to think straight.

“What happened?” Yudhisthir asked, unable to hold back any longer, his heart speeding up.

Every negative scenario ran through his mind, building the worry with every passing second.

What if something had happened to her?

He can’t lose her!

What if it was an incurable diseases?

What than?

Tears glazed in his eyes.

Dread sunk it's ugly talons in his heart making his breath hitch.

“Will you two just tell already.” Arjun snapped, no longer able to hold back, how could he lose her?

He breathed in trying to stop his mind from going in the dark corners of his mind, that were whispering all the negative scenarios possible.

“Panchaali’s Pregnant .” Whispered Sehdev, a huge smile appeared on his face, his eyes feeling tears.

Their wife was pregnant.

Panchaali was going to be a mother.

A wave of happiness washed over them erasing the fear and pain that they felt just moments ago, a smile appeared on their faces as they looked at each other.