Chapter 18

"You promised helping us when the need arose." Yudhisthir gritted the words out as he stood in the court of their king, the arrogant man smirked, "well I don't remember any of such promises, other than that who are you? Oh yea, the beasts, the good for nothing low born. I have no time for the likes of you, you beggars get out of here, neither do I know you, nor do I plan to save some wh*re who had married five men." The Badshaah snapped, malice and disgust lacing his words, as he glared at the five brothers who stood in front of him, all the courtiers laughed.

Humiliation ran through the beings of the pandavas, the man in front of was the king of entire Bharat, there was not one state that didn't come under his rule. Fury burned through the five, they had once saved the life of this scum and he had promised to help them, and this how he had returned their favour, they hated royal for this very reason, f*cken chameleons can't even keep their words.  The fact that he had insulted their wife was all it took for their  control to snap, and than the worst kind of destruction began. The courtiers watched as the air charged with an energy, the sheer amount of power had them trembling in fear, they watched as the five men. And that's how the great destruction had began. . .

***

Days had passed by, as now the kings of the entire Hindustan, the five had used all their resources. It had taken just five days for them to be the king, a feat they knew they could have achieved easily before, but never had they been interested, they never thought they would be the kings, though the five had the capacity. They were never interested, but the games of fate were strange, they had become what they hated; a royal. "Maharaj we have found a lead!" One of the courtiers said making the five look at him, a smirk appeared on their faces, the countdown to the death of their wife's kidnapper had began. . .

***

The sound of swords clashing had her blinking her eyes open, a groan left Panchaali's mouth, her heart thundering in her chest as  fear snaked in her heart. What was happening? It had been a week in this hell hole, but it felt like she had been leaving here for a century, the screams of all the people,their cries still reverberated through her mind like a broken record, her captor was a monster, a complete monster if she had ever seen one. The man was a cannibal, he ate human flesh, her stomach crunched at the thought, her eyes heavy, she was slowly growing weak without food and water, a technique that the monster loved before eating his victim was to break them, he had tried all his methods, trying to break her but had not succeeded once, his mind games threatened to break her sanity but the thought of her aryas kept her together, she thought about their smiles, their warm hugs, their loving caresses, she knew they were searching for her,she knew they would find her but all she needed to do was hold on, buy them time to find her, she wanted to be strong for them but the difference between what was real and what was not was slowly diminishing as her mind was slowly loosing touch with reality. With nothing but silence her companion and staying locked up in complete darkness with no food and water, the screams of people crying and begging in fear was the only sound she ever her, their final screams before the monster killed them all.

Her heart thrummed as she tried to move, the sound of swords clashing striking a cord of fear in her, she tried to stand but the huge metal shackles allowed restricted movements, she trued moving but it was too much, dark spots danced in her vision making her feel like everything around her was spinning, nothing made sense as a sharp whistling sound rang to her ear making her knees buckle as she curled in the corner, knees pulled to her chest as her arms wrapped around them, trying to retain as much body warmth as it was possible, the coldness in the air had her chocking, she hated cold and all she felt here was coldness, that cut her from within, tearing her heart from within, threatening to break her  apart. She laid her head on the wall as her heart spasmed with pain, tears rolling down her cheeks as she leaned against the wall, she wanted to go home, to be with her aryas, to be with them again, she wanted to go home but that seemed impossible right now, impractical even, her heart thudded, no she can't lose hope, they will come, they had to! Her thoughts faded as a shiver ran down her body, staying awake was becoming difficult, she didn't want to sleep but the intense need sleep was overpowering, she trembled as she bit her bottom lip trying to stop it's trembling but all in vain. Darkness beckoned her like a warm bed,willing her to sleep and escape from the harsh reality, there was a distinct part of her mind, a very small one screaming at her not to, that it could be due to hypothermia, that she could die but the sweet calmness of sleep was tempting too, the idea of sleeping and getting lost in the warm and peaceful place in her mind was calling her, beckoning her in, making her want to forget about everything, she sighed as she let her eyes shut, let herself get lost in the dream world, why did it feel a wrong move? She thought as she lost herself to the dream world.

***

T

he door to her cell was kicked open as the five pandavas marched in, their swords dripping with blood. They looked around their eyes falling on the girl who was curled in the corner, shackled like an animal, their hearts tugged sharply, they rushed by their wife, relief, fear, anger and various other emotions thrummed through them as they saw her state.

Her face had grown pale, she had lost a lot of weight, under her eyes were dark huge rings. Her lips were cracked and dry. Concern boiled through them as they kneeled in front of her, with one tug of his hand Bheem broke the huge offending thing as it gave out under his grip, snapping like a thread.

"Princess." Arjun called out as he cupped her cheeks in his hands, tears burning in his eyes as he looked at her with disbelief. "Darling open your eyes." Nakul whispered, chocking on his tears, "Sweetheart open your eyes."  Vrikodar called out, willing her to open her eyes. He wanted to see the dark beautiful eyes that held so much love and beauty. "Why isn't she waking up?" Called out Yudhisthir, his voice dripping with fear, "Princess!" Sehdev called out urgently as he patted her cheeks. Willing her to wake up, fear stroked his heart when she didn't her. Arjun wrapped his arms and picked her up bridal style and ran with his brother to the royal tent,their hearts beating violently as terror sunk it's ugly talons in their hearts, worst of scenarios began to run through their mind, what if they had indeed been too late...

****

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

****