Chapter 23

Panchaali’s POV:

Pure unadulterated terror ran through my system as my eyes flew open, the contents of the nightmare running through my mind, the scream of that woman bouncing off the walls of my mind, I could still feel the phantom touch of the man’s hand in my hair, him pulling and tugging me down the steps to a Sabha. The wild loud thumping in my chest grew harder as I recalled the nightmare, why did it feel like it was more than a simple dream? Why did it feel so real? Tears traced down my eyes as my throat tightened, my heart hammering crazily in my chest as the scenes of my dream played in my head like a broken record. The loud wild thumping in my chest had me feeling as though I was losing my mind in the sea of agony that threatened to wash over me. The cruel laughter of all the man as I was dragged down to the Sabha, still ringing in my ear distantly clear, like I had leaved through the moment of agony and humiliation, like it was once a piece of my reality the thought had my body quivering like a dry leaf, I couldn’t control the tremors of terror that racked through my body, what was happening? I pulled my legs closer to my chest, wrapping my arms around them as I hid my face in between them, trying to hide away from the nightmares that had suddenly began to plague my sleep. The heavy suffocation that I felt was too much, was way too much. I could feel as though someone was slowly choking me.

“Remember what is forgotten, remember who really you are. Remember the once forgotten pain, love and sacrifice. Remember Drupad Kanya your forgotten life.” The soul chilling soft distorted voice in my mind whispered over and over again, making my mind flood with images, images of things I never did, people I never me. Names I never heard. Places I have never been to, what was happening and why was it happening to me?! Someone stope this! Stop it!!!!!! My breathing was getting labored as my heard thudded crazily in my chest making me forget all about everything and remember only the pain, the agony, the betrayal, I chocked on a cry as storm of emotions wrecked through me, making shudder where I sit. “Sakhi.” The calm words of Krishn had my heard jerking up, tears rained down my eyes as his pained gaze met mine. “Sakha!” I chocked the words out as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to his chest, making me lay my head on his soothing calm heart, his long callous fingers ran through my rain in a calm rhythm calming the storm of agony in my chest.
I wanted to tell him everything, share with him everything but like always he understood me without words, he ran his fingers through my hair in a calm loving manner making me forget all about everything, the nightmare now a distant memory as nothing but calmness reverberated through me, my cries turned in to sniffles as I looked up at him, he gazed at me with love and calmness. “What happened Sakhi?” His calm words had me blinking back tears, “I don’t know what’s happening Govind, these dreams are driving me crazy. They are so strange; they feel so real like I have been a part of it all. The pain and agony I feel every time I see those dreams is so rea Govind, why is this happening to me?” I cried as I embraced him tighter, “The past is catching up Sakhi, it preparing you for a war that is ahead. The evil this time will return more stronger, smarter and probably more prepared. You need to be ready.” He whispered cryptically, though the words he uttered were simple his eyes held ocean of knowledge as he looked down at me, the deep dark eyes shone with a knowledge that I seemed to be deprived of, a hundred question raised in my mind as I wanted to flung each one of them at him but I held back, I had to trust him, there was just one thing I wanted to know.
“Will you be there with me?” I questioned as I gazed in his eyes, a soft smile appeared on his face as his huge hand cupped my cheek, the soft reassuring caress of the thumb on my cheek had my heart thumping easily, “The one who holds faith in me, I am always with them. You my dear don’t need to ask. Krishn would never leave his Krishnaa alone. Team Double Krishna forever together. Through your victory and failure, I will always be with you.” He whispered, his simple words gave me a strength that I never knew I possessed, my heart thumped in my chest as I looked up at him, a smile playing on my face, if I had him I knew I had nothing to fear, there was nothing in this world that the two of us can’t achieve together, no matter how much pain or ache the fate has I store for me, if I had my Krishn I am fine, I am happy. I would rather be in agony with him than be in happiness without him, life had no meaning if there was no Krishn, sure I loved my husbands, but the bond that the of us Krishnas shared was ethereal, was so much more than just simple love, my very existence was weaved with his, he was my strength and my happiness. Krishn was Krishna, and Krishna was Krishn, a bond of ethereal friendship so holy and pure that not many understood.
“If you’re with me, I fear nothing, I would rather choose death with you than live without you.” I whispered, it was truth, I didn’t see the point of leaving in a world where there was no Krishn, where there were not his presences, what’s the use of these eyes if they can’t see Krishn, what’s the use of this lips if they can’t utter the name Krishn? What is the use of this heart if there is no Krishn in it? Krishn was everything, my life, my very existence, I can’t put his importance in my life with simple words, there is nothing that I wouldn’t do for me, with him my bond is above all the earthly relationship, he may be a human to most, but to me my Sakha was no less that Dwarkadeesh Krishn himself. Krishn was not just a name, it was the start and end of my world, my life began with his and ended with his, he was the one for whom I would do anything. “I know that Sakhi, you had chosen death with me once, I don’t doubt you wouldn’t do it again. Krishn would never leave his Krishna alone, I may tease you and taunt you, but for you my dear there isn’t anything that this Vasudev won’t do. There isn’t one thing that I wouldn’t give up for you. The trust that you portray for me is unmatched by any being, no matter what happens Sakhi, whether this story of ours ends with a happy ending or a tragic one, I will forever be with you. I breath this air as long as you do, once you had sacrificed your life for Vasudev this time, Krishn wouldn’t leave the hand of his Krishna even through her death.” He whispered, his voice clogged with pain and grief as a tear traced down his left cheek, my hand caught the tear before it could fall down, “Dying is better option than seeing you cry Sakha.” I whispered as I put the drop of his tear on my head like a blessing, he gave me watery smile and pressed his warm soft lips on my forehead. Lingering there a little longer than needed making me smile as I felt the calmness and completeness, the serenity of our bond. “You are a mean woman you always make the handsome me cry? What do you get from torturing an innocent soul like me?” His teasing words had my heart lightening as I pulled back a little and looked up at him, giving him a fake glare as I bit back a smile, “Don’t you know I am here to make your life hell.” I said in a mock mean voice, he widened his eyes as a fake look of horror marred his face, he gasped as his hands covered his mouth, “I knew Krishnaa the Kidnapper will take away all my happiness.” He whispered as he looked at me with mock fear, I gave out a fake evil laugh, he gave me a bored look, “Let it be Krishnaa you sound like a dying crow rather than evil.” He taunted as he shot out of the bed, “You!!!!! I am not going to leave you!” I shouted in fake anger as I ran behind him, he laughed his laughter ringing down the corridors as he ran ahead, “The truth hurts because it has a point, accept it! You can’t laugh like an evil laugh!” He teased as he ran further ahead, “Krishnaa the cawing crowwwwwwwww!!!!!” He called out making me scream in frustration as I ran after him, he ran faster, why does he tease me so much????…

***
DO VOTE AND COMMENT!
***