Chapter 26

Panchaali blinked her eyes open, the chirping of the birds had her eyes blinking open, she stretched and yawned her gaze falling on Yudhisthir had her cheeks warming up, as she gazed at him. He looked so peaceful as she lay there with his eyes shut, a serene smile on his face. Her fingers moved on their own accord as she couldn't stop herself from tracing the hard planes of his face. He was so handsome, they all were, no matter how much she thought about giving them up, she never could, a smile appeared on her face as she looked at him.

The chirping of the birds had her breaking out of her thoughts, the sun would rise soon and her job as the queen and wife had just began. She thought as she got up from her bed and moved towards her bathroom to have her morning bath.

***

The sweet scent of the flowers filled the air as Panchaali put the freshly made garlands around the neck of shree Krishn's statue. A smile blooming on her face, as she joined her hands and shut her eyes, she began to sing the aarti, her sweet melodic voice echoing throughout the huge Krishn temple that was build by the kings for her. Her voice was so sweet that not just the humans but also the animals moved closer to the temple. Her words had everyone getting lost in the devotional haze, as the aarti came to an end all the servants, deer, rabbits,birds stood around the temple awaiting her. A smile bloomed on her face as she walked out of them temple, the sheer beauty of the queen had them all speechless as she stood there wearing a simple cream lehnga with her odhni, her long hair that reached her mid thighs were set loose to air dry as they were still wet from the morning bath, she distributed the prasaad before walking to her private floor, where no one except her and her husbands were allowed, not even the servants and guards.

She walked up to Yudhisthir's chambers, a smile appeared on her face,her cheeks warmed up as she stood in the doorway gazing at him, as he got ready, he had a confused frown on his face as he searched for something, "Panchaali." He called without turning around, a smile graced his face as he sensed her, he turned towards her making her cheeks turn a beautiful shade of red.

"Staring at someone is a bad habit love." He teased, amusement lit his eyes, her cheeks turned a darker shade of red, she moved me, as she bit her lower lip nervously, "Arya" She whispered as she looked at him, her heart thudding in her chest violently,  "aarti." She whispered, her thali held out towards him, he looked down at the thaali and than back up at her, a smile appeared on his face as he cupped her cheeks in his hands and pressed his lips to her,  making warmth unfurl in her chest, her heart thundered in her chest violently making warmth unfurl in her chest as she felt the soothing touch of his lips on her forehead, he lingered there a moment longer, letting himself enjoy the moments a bit longer, her soothing warmth under his lips calmed him, made him feel warm and loved. He rubbed her back making her heart jump at his touch, he pulled back, a content smile on his face as he gazed at her beautiful face. He cupped his hands over the burning flame, moved them lightly in a clockwise direction and than put it on her forehead, "May God bless you with every joy my dear wife." He whispered, praying for her, a smile on his face as he looked at her, her breath hitched, his words making the feeling of deja vu wash over her, currents passed through her, making her shut her eyes as images ran through her mind, making her forget how to be breath, she could hear the sharp ringing sound, images of herself running around in unfamiliar backgrounds, her husbands following her, images after images, one after another had her feeling overwhelmed, images of moments she never shared with them, yet she felt like she had lived an entire life with them, blood pumped through her as the ringing in her ear intensified, a scream passed through her lips as terror slammed in her chest making her breath hitch, pain like never before slithered through her chest as she felt as though someone was dragging her down some steps, hitting and humiliating, the complete sense of helplessness and terror had her chocking on her next breath.

Yudhisthir rushed by her side as confusion and concern washed over him, his one hand wrapped around her while the other took the thaali out of her hands, making her heart thud in her chest violently, "Panchaali!" He called, fear lacing his words as he patted her cheeks, "Panchaali." She whispered in her ears making her heart thud in her chest violently, her breath hitched as images of wild flames of fire, and a figure of woman in it, voices rang through her mind, as her heart hammered violently, she failed to comprehend what was happening. Terror was all she could fill, what was happening?!  She wanted this images to stop, for everything else to stop, but time seemed to have no mercy on her as it continued to play the horrible images throughout her mind, like a broken record it repeated everything. Tears traced her cheeks as her hands travelled to her ears, trying to stop the screams that were reverberating through her mind, making her forget all about everything.

Yudhisthir pulled her closer, he failed to comprehend what was happening. "PANCHAALI!" He shouted, over and over again, in the hopes to break her out of her trance but it was like she couldn't hear him, he picked her thrashing self in his arms as she continued to scream and shout, "Panchaali!" He shouted again, making her breath hitch. The door was banged open, as the remaining four brothers came running in followed by Govind. . .

***

Do Vote And Comment!

***