Chapter 34

Panchaali stretched, a smile blooming on her lips while her eyes flitted to Nakul who lay beside her. His handsome face was a mask of serenity, her hands stretched tracing his cheeks.

Over the time, her bond with her husbands was growing stronger, she couldn't believe that she had been so lucky to have them. At every point of her life she had been supported and loved by them, her cheeks flushed while she got up from the bed. Her feet touched the cold marble floor, earning a shudder that ran down her spine.

The cool morning air had goosebumps breaking throughout her body, it was so cold. Winter was settling in, making her want to do nothing more than to go back to sleep, but the duties of a queen beckoned her. She sighed, her gaze fleeting back to the soft dark bed that Nakul lay in, she remembered the feel of his warm cuddling, a sigh passed through her lips. Now was not the time, the familiar chirping of the birds had her gazing back at the open balcony, as though the dark green forest was beckoning her.

Her feet carried her to the balcony, a serene peace settling in her chest while she gazed around the thick lush forest surrounding the palace. She could hear the distance chirping of  various birds who were awaking, the cool morning breeze tickled her, teasing her. How long had it been since she had just taken a walk in the fresh morning air? She tried to recall well too long, recently her life has been such a chaos that simple things such as taking a walk, or just peacefully watching the clouds pass by had vanished from her mind.

A queen, is what many wished to be but she just wanted to be a normal girl. She missed the days when she stayed along with her husbands in the middle of nowhere, their happy little world, tucked away from all the harshness of the world.

The fresh air of the dawn filled her chest, bringing with it a fleet of memories. She had been so lost in her mind, that she didn't realise that she wasn't alone till strong arms wrapped around her waist, a hard chest pressing in her back. Her body stiffened before the familiar scent of musk tingled her senses making her sigh. She relaxed against Arjun, her head laying on his shoulder while she gazed at the forest.

Dhananjay beamed, the feel of her in his arms settled a peace in his chest, that he had been missing for so long. He nuzzled her head, the familiar fragrance of blue lotuses making him smile, it had just been hours maybe since he last saw her yet it felt like eons had passed. "I missed you love." He cooed, his soft soothing confession in her ear making her shudder, he pressed the tip of his nose in the crook of her neck, his hands tightening on her waist, pulling her harder against him till he was all she could feel.

"You just saw me last night." She tried to tease, her voice sounding breathier, as his warm breath tickled the sensitive skin of her neck."A minute apart from you feels like an eternity, so imagine what this hours of separation might have done to me." He whispered making her breath hitch, honesty rang through his words making her shudder as she heard the words. Her heart fluttered in her chest, warmth spreading through her. Making her feel like she had won the world, this little confessions of her husbands weaved them together in a strong bond.

She felt him turn her around, her hip pressing in the cold metal of the railing, making a shiver run down her spine. Her body heated despite the cold when he pressed his hard muscled chest in hers, her eyes flitted up their gazes locked. And it was like everything slowly faded.

His dark hazel pulls were a sea of emotions, so deep that they threatened to drown her in them.

Making her forget everything else, the love that reflected in those hazel orbs, had her heart skipping a beat. Her breathing came in short pants, she tried to look away but it was nearly impossible.

His hands tightened on her waist, a smile teasing on his lip. What had he done to deserve her?  He often wondered, her innocent dark eyes gazed up at him with all the love that he felt for her making his heart cease to beat.