Chapter 39

Krishn sat in Mathura, completely motionless as he sat on the swing, his eyes were red as pain seared through his soul.

“Kanha?” The sweet of baritone of Radha’s voice had him blinking rapidly.

He felt as though he was sinking in the dark sea of pain losing searing through him.

Radha knew all too well what was happening, her heart hurt for Panchaali and Kanha, she couldn’t see him in pain.

She didn’t know what to say to erase the pain, to stop the suffering, she sat beside him, he hugged her tight, his tears soaking her clothes, she sighed as she completely enveloped him in his arms.

Trying to be strong for him, for the times ahead were darker than any darkness that existed before. . .

***

Bhringu returned to the cave room his eyes taking in Panchaali, who sat on the stone bed, her face a mask of worry.

With all the heavy ornaments and clothes gone, her raw beauty could be seen.

She looked a beauty out of this world, his eyes shone with lust, as he watched her.

The worry for her family had her getting lost in her mind, completely unaware of her surroundings.

She was no worrywart but for some reason, she felt like she was no longer herself, her hand continued to caress her stomach, her baby was awfully still today, unlike every day where the baby would keep moving in her stomach all day long.

She rubbed her hand on her stomach, wiling the child to move a bit, but alas the child remained still making her sigh. Her gaze travelled to the palate of fruits and milk that was given to her, for her to eat.

But she couldn’t stop herself to even sip the water,  a heaviness had settled on her heart, like she had lost something big.

She didn’t know why but she felt like she had lost someone, it was really silly.

Maybe it was pregnancy hormones, hence she felt this way, who knew.

But the soul crushing grief had tears tracing down her cheeks, her hand caressing back and forth on her stomach.

Tears continued to ran down her cheeks, as sobs wrecked through her body, soul crushing agony made it difficult for her to even think straight.

Her throat tightened making it difficult to even swallow, in this moment she wanted nothing more than her husbands here with him, her aryas.

Bhringu smirked as he watched her, cry harder, he mentally cheered, her agony giving him happiness.

Seeing her cry made him chuckle, a laugh wanted to break free, the joy building more in his heart.

Panchaali trusted him like a God father and never doubted his ill intent.

For her he was a God send saviour who will protect her family from destruction.

He cleared his throat wanting her to know that he was coming, he watched as she wiped her tears hurriedly and faced him. He forced a calm smile on his lips.

" Putri for the next seven days you will be assigned a routine which you need to follow in order to successfully accomplish the penance. At the end of seven days you would be assured the desired fruits in return. This penance would be not an easy one. All the pain and ill would be soaked by you. You may feel weak and drowsy. You may feel that you should stop but you can’t do that. Because if you stop in between the consequences will be double disastrous then the fate. If you wish to back out do it now. Not after the kriya starts. "

His words ran chilly shivers down her spine.

She could do anything to save her family even pain was nothing in front of them.

She asked" Maharishi, my child  wouldn't suffer from the penance. I am seven months down.” Her voice was filled with worry as she questioned him.

"My child, don't worry you are in my protection" he said while he hugged her running his hands on her bare back. Feeling her chest go up and down against his.

He was hard down so left her instantly before she could realise. Panchaali was too lost in her own worries to realise other things around.

His assurance to protect her family and her child gave her courage to move ahead.

She wiped her tears and with full confidence said, "Maharishi, keep me under your guidance. We shall start the penance immediately. I will do anything in order to save my family from any misfortune"

Confidence was glistening in her lotus petal  shaped eyes.

The Agni Kanya, the fighter was back in action. 

The dark magic making her believe all that the man said in him.

Bhringu smiled at her but the monster inside him celebrated his victory.

A queen was his pawn.

He wanted to tear her and ravish her at that very moment.

But he ought to keep patience. 

Panchaali sat down at his feet and carefully listened to the instructions which were given by him. 

Bhringu began, 
"Every morning you will have to rise before the dawn. And stand in meditative state in the lake next to your room. Your complete focus is required. You may experience someone touching you but it will be an illusion to distract you. You won't open your eyes or doubt even once. I will instruct you to open your eyes until then you can't. After the meditation you would have to drink this holy water in one gulp. You may feel like puking but you need to consume it. You will have to learn to hold all your emotions. You will feel immense pain. But don't quit. You will have to take good rest in the afternoon after eating just fruits and drinking a pail of water. The same process of morning repeats in the evening. It looks simple my child but it isn't that easy"

He said with evilness filled in his eyes, doubts arose her mind, she wanted to back out, when he uttered a few silent mantras, the dark magic around her intensified silencing them all. 

She agreed to completely trust him just for her family, the dark magic making her believe it all.

Days passed by everyday Panchaali followed the same routine as told by Maharishi Bhringu. 

He didn't leave a change to touch her and feast on her while she was in penance. 

Every passing day she grew weaker.

She believed as said by Bhringu she was just absorbing the pain of her family.

She missed her family immensely.

She cried to be with them.

Nights became sleepless and felt like forever.

The warmth which her Arya gave her was no more.

The security she felt in their presence was missed.

She was feeling miserable.

Yet she held strong as she wanted to do it for her family. 

Her mind was slowly breaking, the gut wrenching pain that thrummed through her every time she drank the holy water was unlike anything she felt before.

Even after hours after she drank, she lay on the ground curling like a child, the deep dark pain making her burn and shred from within, she felt as though someone had lit her insides on fire, breathing which was such a mundane task, was proving to be difficult.

Breathing hurt, her soul hurt, there was no part of them that didn’t hurt.

The constant ache made her feel like she was suffering every moment. She shut her eyes, imagining the face of her husbands, thinking about them made her forget about everything. . .

***

DO VOTE AND COMMENT!

****