[16] Time Flew By

March and April seemed to have flown by quickly, Dan went away for the holidays over Easter break allowing me to spend time with Carly and Lloyd. It was nice having the opportunity to spend the time with them because I hadn’t really hung out with them at all during March.

May 18th came around quickly and our last day of high school approached. We now only had to attend school for our exams and our days off were to be spent revising for our exams until late June early July.

Carly dragged me over where Ben and George stood near the oak tree. Carly and Ben were talking privately, hugging and kissing every couple of minutes leaving me and George standing awkwardly as the third and fourth wheel within the meet up. Even though Dan and George had sorted things out between the two of them, I still found him annoying to be around. That’s why we never attempted to talk to each other.

“Listen I’m sorry about going off like that on Dan.” George said breaking the silence.

“Well you should be sorry, you had no reason, you were jealous that’s all. Its pointless really.”

“Well I did have my reason; I guess I just wanted to protect you.” He turned his head to look away from me, clearly not wanting to see my facial reaction.

“Protect me against what exactly?”

“I don’t know you getting hurt.”

“I’m not going to get hurt, I think I know what I’m doing” I replied, his seemed slightly hurt but I couldn’t quite understand why.

“Well I just got the feeling that someone close to me, I mean really close to me was going to get hurt.”

“What are you on about?”

“I just wanted to protect someone who I knew is close to me.”

“Well have you tried your sister?”

“Trust me I have, but it back fired and now she’s seeing this guy, who I tried to give him the hint of backing off. But he didn’t.”

“What? Your sisters eleven, coming up to this school in the summer. You have officially gone mad.” The bell rung through the school escaping through the doors as the other pupils filed their way to their next class. I headed to English and met with the other girls just outside. Crowds of pupils were pilling through the corridor trying to get to their next lesson before the late bell.

“Hey, Mrs said we could go down to the hall at about half past.” I said taking a look at the multi genre books and DVD’s that filled the shelves within the classroom. Time seemed to go quicker than lunch time had and we were soon heading towards the sports hall for our leaver assembly. Me and the other girls approached a corner, the Wanna Be girls laughing outrageously in the direction we were heading in. We turned the corner and there they stood. They gave me an evil glare as we headed towards them to approach the stairs, their attitude changing when Mark, Hannah’s soon to be boyfriend if she would actually speak to him more, came round the corner shortly after us, their glares turned from smiles and dumb giggles.

“Hey you never replied to the texts I sent you last night, what’s wrong because it’s not like you have a girlfriend.” Taylor shouted as she stood in front of him. the four of us girls waited at the top of the stairs for him, even though Hannah really wanted to go.

“Are you coming?” she questioned after being persuaded by Madison to free him from the firing questions from Taylor. She turned to look at us, Hannah mainly

“Are you talking to us?” she questioned, Hannah cheeks glowing a slight red as she thought about what trouble this could cause.

“No.” Hannah replied, Taylor was still standing in front of Mark but her gaze completely on Hannah.

“Well.?” Taylor questioned, myself and everyone become confused with what she was questioning.

“Leave her alone.” Mark shouted, pulling Taylors gaze from Hannah’s and back to his.

“My hero.” Taylor looked up to him, her eyelashes fluttering.

“How many hints do I have to give you to get you to leave me alone? I told you to back of once already and never replied to your messages because I thought that would be enough to make you realise that I’m not interested, but obviously not.” Mark was getting angry but what he had to say needed to be said “You think you’re all that, the biggest in the school, the popular ones, well just to let you know everyone hates you, you think that like you but they really don’t. They all speak about you behind your back but to be honest al I see right in front of me is a slut throwing herself at every boy she see’s. There I’ve said it right in front of all of your friends too, now please just back off.” Mark’s face was a slight red in anger. I looked towards the rest of Wanna Be’s, who now crowded Taylor.

“Well we better head off to assembly. Oh girls make sure you’re not late I’m sure Mr Thomas wont be too impressed if you are.” I said before heading to the assembly hall with the others. Everyone was still talking when we made it to the hall and we managed to grab a line of seats behind Carly and Ben.